Gibson Brands Forums

Woman with Guitar

Who's Anne Murray?

[rolleyes] SIGH....SURELY YOU JEST [confused]

Morna Anne Murray, known professionally as Anne Murray, is a Canadian singer in pop, country, and adult contemporary music whose albums have sold over 54 million copies worldwide as of 2012.

Born in Springhill, Nova Scotia. Likely better known and loved here in Canada, but she is well known world wide.

Top Three Reasons You Should Watch This:

1. She's gorgeous

that is not in doubt

2. Shes playing a Gibson (take my word for it)

Who cares, see point 1.

3. She's gorgeous (Sorry I got carried away)

I don't blame you.

4. She's Anne Murray's daughter.

Apple don't fall far from the tree does it.

Great voice on that girl.

Amazing! By which I refer to both the performance and the lack of recognizing Anne Murray. There are gaps abundant in my knowledge of certain performers, too. They've sent me questing on the web more than a few times since joining this forum, and I feel indebted to others for broadening my horizons. After all, that's one big reason for being here. Sometimes I suspect age is a factor - used to teach with a lady named Ann (no final e) Murray who was a pretty decent guitarist/singer, but would deny any musical involvement because she got tired of people asking her if she sang. Maybe she no longer has that problem....

Appalled at myself for not knowing who this giant in the shiwbiz world was I went to YouTube , discovered that I'm no better off for now hearing her 😆

We have a few dozen similar folk here in the UK that I'm sure some of you guys have never heard of

She's no Joni , let's put it that way

That's definitely her daughter though , spitting image

Who is Anne Murray?...lol....I bet you don't ask that in Canada.......Voices don't come much better than Anne Murray. Always kind of low-key, never outrageous or scandalous. She's just who she is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hm5p5fyQI

And this one is about 45 minutes, but filled with some very cool and talented ladies.

I always thought of Anne Murray as kind of a female John Denver. Probably not fair, though.

Didn't really make "hip" or "cool" music, but man, she had a voice that NO ONE could deny. Closest thing to a real angel one is likely to hear. Just at the time, I don't think popular music was all that into angels. Maybe Hippi girls or girls with more of an edge is what most wanted to get into.

That's kinda the John Denver comparison. That audience and genre.

Matters not if you know of Anne Murray.........know that her daughter can sing. Found this live performance of a fellow Canadians' composition, and what a composition it is. Canada has grown some fabulous artists over the years, and Joni Mitchell is among my very favorite songwriters................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQGc9iDnoWg

Matters not if you know of Anne Murray.........know that her daughter can sing. Found this live performance of a fellow Canadians' composition, and what a composition it is. Canada has grown some fabulous artists over the years, and Joni Mitchell is among my very favorite songwriters................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQGc9iDnoWg

Holy cow! That girl can sing!

I sense a bit of cheesiness...the second vid here of the Christmas song is the same guitar song as the first vid.

But...like her mom, she is just so pretty, and SINGS so pretty, she really can't do a thing wrong.

Cheesiness is back in for me.

Archived