Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

1471067759[/url]' post='1791071']

Dinner tonight my sister came for a visit we had fried green tomatoes , fried okra , green beans , mashed potatoes and water

4H

Fried green tomatoes? Is that good? Never tried it before. Guess I love them natural. Lunch was a leftover cheeseburger and dinner was 4 appetizer Quesadillas and a chef salad.

Valentines pizza buffet for lunch with the wife and grandson. McCalisters club sandwich for dinner with iced tea. Wife didn't feel like cooking.

What Deb jacked up on the cooking after you got her a nice new kitchen? Scandalous!

Grin~

Dinner out at a local pub last night, I had "Chicken in Pyjamas" (parmigiana) but it was tough and tasteless.

I can't believe that they can't cook chicken these days....it's not rocket science! There was too much, I couldn't eat it all and then there was the "salad". Whatever has happened to salad these days?

I got a pile of stuff looked like it had been ripped from the paddock and covered in God knows what. We used to get an identifiable leaf that I grew up knowing as lettuce. It was crisp and it was juicy. Sometimes there would be some coleslaw in the leaf, some tomatoes and a few other veggies, maybe some hard boiled egg or shredded carrot? I used to enjoy salads, but not so any more. They are just a lame attempt to include something green on the plates but it's too boring having this mass of green stuff, no variation at all.

If I'd had a bag I would have bought it home for the rabbits!

On the other hand it's Saturday here so it's eggs & bacon!!!!

It's rare I've encountered bad cooking at either a pub or in a restaurant. The last time it happened to me was with a chicken schnitzel. It wasn't overcooked it was undercooked! Slice through and the inside was still pink. I was furious and didn't bother taking it back to the chef but complained to the owner of the restaurant who happened to be there that night.

To make it worse in my view is the place was not a "cheap and cheerful" but one where a mains cost $35 at a minimum. As a result, our group of six had all our main dinners replaced and the entire cost of the meal (four courses), including wines, was waived. That was about $100 a head the restaurant didn't get that night nor should it have in my opinion.

It's rare I've encountered bad cooking at either a pub or in a restaurant. The last time it happened to me was with a chicken schnitzel. It wasn't overcooked it was undercooked! Slice through and the inside was still pink. I was furious and didn't bother taking it back to the chef but complained to the owner of the restaurant who happened to be there that night.

To make it worse in my view is the place was not a "cheap and cheerful" but one where a mains cost $35 at a minimum. As a result, our group of six had all our main dinners replaced and the entire cost of the meal (four courses), including wines, was waived. That was about $100 a head the restaurant didn't get that night nor should it have in my opinion.

Inexcusable !

WE stopped at Gympie coming back from Hervey bay a couple of weeks ago, found a nice looking well presented pub and decided to have lunch there. I ordered off the specials board, "Chicken Tenders, Chips & salad" for $12.90, good deal I thought.

When it came there was a mountain of chicken tenders, could hardly jump over it! Problem was it's been deep fried almost to extinction! Breadcrumbs were burned and the thinner parts of chicken crumbled they were so over cooked. Gael's meal featured raw veggies! I told the waitress when she was clearing up and the comment was "Right", no other reaction. Now as passers by it didn't matter to them that we wouldn't return but it does matter if locals have that experience as they simply wouldn't go back.

Presentation of the pub, staff, prices, all good. They may have had quality ingredients but the last little bit of the package ruined all that had been done before.

What a shame.

1471641908[/url]' post='1792732']

What Deb jacked up on the cooking after you got her a nice new kitchen? Scandalous!

Grin~

Yes sir she did and she loves that new oven and stove. It's a double oven actually and now with the new dishwasher she's always loading it up and putting the dishes away. She rearranged all the shelves the way she likes it. And would you believe she did it again today? Lunch was out at Famous Daves, I had a Devils Spitburger as they call it. Spicy and with fries. And dinner she brought home after her sewing class, 2 chicken walnut sandwiches with a chocolate chip cookie from Paradise Bakery. Hey, since she's welching on the cooking, does that mean I should get the Gibson BB King custom Lucille like I was going to do? Probably be hard to find another one under $3,000.00 like I found way back.

1471642515[/url]' post='1792735']

Dinner out at a local pub last night, I had "Chicken in Pyjamas" (parmigiana) but it was tough and tasteless.

I can't believe that they can't cook chicken these days....it's not rocket science! There was too much, I couldn't eat it all and then there was the "salad". Whatever has happened to salad these days?

I got a pile of stuff looked like it had been ripped from the paddock and covered in God knows what. We used to get an identifiable leaf that I grew up knowing as lettuce. It was crisp and it was juicy. Sometimes there would be some coleslaw in the leaf, some tomatoes and a few other veggies, maybe some hard boiled egg or shredded carrot? I used to enjoy salads, but not so any more. They are just a lame attempt to include something green on the plates but it's too boring having this mass of green stuff, no variation at all.

If I'd had a bag I would have bought it home for the rabbits!

On the other hand it's Saturday here so it's eggs & bacon.

A Chicken in pajamas? No wonder it was tough and tasteless, you forgot to take off the pajamas first! Lolmsp_flapper.gif

1471646509[/url]' post='1792742']

Dairy Queen here is famous for bad terrible no good chicken. Worst I've ever found. Every time I've ordered it thinking this time it will be better, it's under cooked and tastes like it's not done or overlooked and the worst piece they can find like chewing leather. I've tried it on everything they make and end up throwing over half of it away so I'm doe there. I make great BB Que chicken on the grill.

Everything we cooked tonight came from my family. Dad grew all of the vegetables, steaks were from a cow from my uncle's ranch. The steaks were very good, but to be perfectly honest the tomatoes were the highlight of the meal. My dad has had the same gigantic garden plot for nearly 35 years. He takes a massive amount of pride in his garden, he is the son of a farmer after all. The vegetables that come from his garden are out of this world. I worked as a cook/chef most of my life, and if I could buy produce half as good as the things that come from his garden to use in a restaurant people would line up around the block for it. 100% organic, only natural pesticides of his own concoction have ever been used. We will eat tomatoes every meal for weeks, and my mother will can what can't be eaten before the rest turn. Late summer/early fall is truly my favorite time of year, I treasure the harvest. hMdK2Wab.jpg