Gibson Brands Forums

Squint When You Look At This

Joe M

I kinda like it. Not loudly colored, well faded.......just different enough. And, in the end, it's what it sounds like that makes it a winner or a loser, not so much what it looks like (heresy, I know). I think this would make a catchy instrument for the small venue, solo troubadour. I like it.

I kinda like it. Not loudly colored, well faded.......just different enough. And, in the end, it's what it sounds like that makes it a winner or a loser, not so much what it looks like (heresy, I know). Sans the pickup, I think this would make a catchy instrument for the small venue, solo troubadour. I like it.

I kinda like it. Not loudly colored, well faded.......just different enough. And, in the end, it's what it sounds like that makes it a winner or a loser, not so much what it looks like (heresy, I know). Sans the pickup, I think this would make a catchy instrument for the small venue, solo troubadour. I like it.

Kind of agree with Buc. A shame you can't watch yourself playing it.

I think we are showing our bias -- if a original 34 Ford coop is found, there are some who like to restore it and some who would like to hot rod it. Personally I would prefer orange.

On the plus side, a Pelham Blue 1958 J-45 would look really good sitting in a turquoise 1957 Bel Air convertible:

chevrolet_bel-air-convertible-1957_r6_zpsnehzlokg.jpg

How much for the rug? Good luck. I noticed the guitar shop you bought it from put their sticker on the back of the headstock. I can't believe someone would do that to any high end guitar much less a vintage! If there were a law for that, I would classify that as a felony offense.

Archived