Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson vs Epiphone

JuanCarlosVejar

1 hour ago, Drewdog said:

Hello gibson groupies.  I wass sitting here waiting for my gibson to finish rebuilding the motor in my car when I came across this forum. It's surprising to see people who love gibson so much that they're willing to bash everyone else's guitars. My dad can beat up your dad.  Actually I'm waiting on my luthier to finish my second gibson as soon as he gathers enough unicorn dust to make it magic. I need it to build me  a  new house.

I'm a Martin guy and I take c-rap for it here but I'm a big boy and can defend myself, I don't need my dad to stick up for me.

I waited 5 years for this. What a let down.

• Like 1

Hey I like martin too.  The dad thing was a joke, he's been dead for 20years. Sorry I let you down but why have you waited so long? Tell em all martin makes the best guitar hands down. 

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm a Martin guy and I take c-rap for it here but I'm a big boy and can defend myself, I don't need my dad to stick up for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Oh as far as you being a big boy, how much you weigh? I weigh 465

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Brand-New it cost me $350 or so..... so is a Gibson worth 10X as much?

Worth that is subjective . . .  now cost that is different, 10X + some extra cash, yes indeed. I think Doves are 4000 or so.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Drewdog said:

Hey I like martin too.  The dad thing was a joke, he's been dead for 20years. Sorry I let you down but why have you waited so long? Tell em all martin makes the best guitar hands down. 

I do they don't believe me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Worth that is subjective . . .  now cost that is different, 10X + some extra cash, yes indeed. I think Doves are 4000 or so.

For me, the cost of a Gibson is well worth it, (might be why I own 6 of them).....for many, probably not.  My son never really picked up the guitar...so the cost was about right.

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2016 at 12:25 PM, JuanCarlosVejar said:

Folks:

Great review on the laminated models above! The difference is clear. ....but what about this review found below?...a full historical review on the new, all solid wood Inspired By Gibsons,  featuring the three main models, with the all solid IBG Epi Hummmingbird,  the IBG all solid J-45,  and the all solid IBG Epi J-200. You may need to slide the red bar all the way to the left when this video appears. A long review...and a stunning one indeed. So what you do think?

JC

Edited by ALD323

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

465 kilos is 1025 pounds, so that would be one huge boy.

Sgt. Pepper I thought at first you were pretty smart because you were a martin guy. Now I know you're just like these gibson groupies.  A bunch of bullies that couldn't ad your iqs together and make 100.  Now listen  children, I know gibson has always been the best guitars in my opinion. I was trying to bring a little comedy into the forum. I hope one day to afford a gibson . Until then I'll keep playing my epiphone and taylor. If any of you ever crawl out of your mom's basement and record music anyone's heard of I will give you your due reverence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Drewdog said:

Sgt. Pepper I thought at first you were pretty smart because you were a martin guy. Now I know you're just like these gibson groupies.  A bunch of bullies that couldn't ad your iqs together and make 100.  Now listen  children, I know gibson has always been the best guitars in my opinion. I was trying to bring a little comedy into the forum. I hope one day to afford a gibson . Until then I'll keep playing my epiphone and taylor. If any of you ever crawl out of your mom's basement and record music anyone's heard of I will give you your due reverence. 

The word "add" has two d's genius not one. And I have a Bachelors Degree In Liberal Arts, so I at least got that going for me. Maybe you should proof read your post before you start commenting on how stupid we are on this forum and our IQ levels.

What top selling album are you on?

Me and my wife own 2 houses and I haven't lived with my parents since I joined the Navy in '87 (I'm a retired Senior Chief and did 4 years in the Navy and 19 years in the Coast Guard). I retired from the Coast Guard in '11. It would be hard to live in my parents basement since they have both passed away.

And I own no Gibson's right now, but have owed about 20 or so throughout my lifetime. I currently have 7 Martin's and one Fender Jazz Bass.

People on this forum know how much a Taylor costs. Unless you got one of those Mexican made ones, many of the American made ones are not cheap.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Drewdog said:

Are you 5? 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The word "add" has two d's genius not one. And I have a Bachelors Degree In Liberal Arts, so I at least got that going for me. Maybe you should proof read your post before you start commenting on how stupid we are on this forum and our IQ levels.

What top selling album are you on?

Me and my wife own 2 houses and I haven't lived with my parents since I joined the Navy in '87 (I'm a retired Senior Chief and did 4 years in the Navy and 19 years in the Coast Guard). I retired from the Coast Guard in '11. It would be hard to live in my parents basement since they have both passed away.

And I own no Gibson's right now, but have owed about 20 or so throughout my lifetime. I currently have 7 Martin's and one Fender Jazz Bass.

People on this forum know how much a Taylor costs. Unless you got one of those Mexican made ones, many of the American made ones are not cheap.

Since you like to be nit picky about my writing skills gibson's is a possessive noun whereas gibsons means plural. I must have hit a nerve with the iq thing there. However you did something that I admire and will shut me right up and I apologize for  everything I said about you. Thank you for your service. I certainly can't top that. I was too fat to join the service so I became a teacher. All I said was in jest. I hope sir you can forgive me.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1