Gibson Brands Forums

Just got my first Gibson J-45 TV Red Spruce GC

Chilly

Congratulations and welcome to the legion of happy J-45 owners! Why does happy Hummingbird owners sound derogatory? I'm fortunate to own both (c'mon Birdman - you know it's only a matter of time for you, as well) and my happiness in that area is unbounded.

Congratulations way to go , I have a 2015 J45 best purchase I ever made , enjoy msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks for all the great comments,Im part of the club now [thumbup]

The story is I've wanted one for ages, had an SJ200 for awhile but had to sell it, hopefully I'll be keeping hold of this one. I wanted an older one, could have got a newer one but wanted the sound straight away, very impatient. Done some digging after I got it, I'm in the UK and it looks like the original owner imported it from GC. I've contacted Gibson who confirm it was an exclusive line... There is a thread on here all about it, different tuners, different glue etc, doesnt say TV on the lable inside, says Custom Shop on the rear of the peghead. All I know is I love it and it plays like a dream, I just need to learn to be able to do it justice playing it well [smile]

Congrats Man. I've got a J45 CS too and I absolutely love it. Do whatever it takes to hold on to it. It will make you a better player, and a better person! It is called "The Workhorse" for a reason. I would guess the J45 is the most frequently seen acoustic in the hands of players in the spotlight worldwide. G'Luck!

Congrats Man. I've got a J45 CS too and I absolutely love it. Do whatever it takes to hold on to it. It will make you a better player, and a better person! It is called "The Workhorse" for a reason. I would guess the J45 is the most frequently seen acoustic in the hands of players in the spotlight worldwide. G'Luck!

Thanks everyone, the comments are very encouraging. I thought some might say it's not a true true vintage because it doesn't say it on the label and it has the separate tuners etc. I'm very happy with itπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Archived