Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Custom Shop robbed

Searcy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1464305837[/url]' post='1772869']

Man, he is sooo _ucked… A thief is a thief but one has to think what drove him to do this?

Most likely a thing called Money. Some people will do anything to get it and that includes stealing and selling. Pawn shops buy stolen goods all the time here. When it is proved that what they bought was in fact stolen, the owner that it was stolen from still has to pay the pawn shop its price to get their stolen good back. Doesn't make sense but my mother had stuff stolen in the past and it cost her cash to get it back after police found out the pawn shop bought it. To me the pawn shops are just as bad as the criminal and I never go there. Never know if your buying something honest or not.

I'm glad they caught the moron. Thieves ever break into my place they're going to get shot dead. It's not just the gear - I have insurance - it would be the invasion of my sanctuary. Besides crazy people make my trigger finger itchy. [unsure]

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/break-in-reported-at-gibson-guitar-facility

A "substantial" amount of guitars and equipment were taken from a Gibson guitar facility after a break-in overnight.

Investigators with the Metro Nashville Police Department were called to the Gibson Custom Guitar Shop at 1612 Elm Hill Pike around 5 a.m. Tuesday.

A security guard noticed signs of a break-in at the location and called emergency dispatchers.

The facility was used for building custom electric guitars.

Officers and K-9 units were called to the scene to look for clues into what happened. The Metro Police Mobile Crime Unit also responded to the shop.

Authorities said there was an undetermined about of guitar equipment taken. No suspects were found at the scene.

Company officials were conducting inventory checks to determine exactly what was missing. They said numerous guitars were taken. It was not yet determined how many, but one investigator said it was "substantial."

The suspects were caught on surveillance video.

Anyone with information about the incident should contact Crime Stoppers at 615-74-CRIME (615-742-7463).

Didnt Fretted Americana get robbed? I wonder if they ever caught those thieves? Funny thing was those thieves left some of the highest priced items in the store.

Archived