Gibson Brands Forums

Bbg Sunday song

blindboygrunt

I'll admit that I'm biased when it comes to your music, BBG, because I sincerely like all of it and this one is no exception. This song and "Daniel" are my favorite Elton John tunes. Your version seems a bit quieter than John's "Rocket Man" and I like that. This song works best (for me) done simply. Vocal and guitar are perfect for a Sunday song. Naturally, his version isn't too shabby either...... In regards to your music----I like how you use your voice. Kind of a wilting sound and it fits every song you do. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

I'll admit that I'm biased when it comes to your music, BBG, because I sincerely like all of it and this one is no exception. This song and "Daniel" are my favorite Elton John tunes. Your version seems a bit quieter than John's "Rocket Man" and I like that. This song works best (for me) done simply. Vocal and guitar are perfect for a Sunday song. Naturally, his version isn't too shabby either...... In regards to your music----I like how you use your voice. Kind of a wilting sound and it fits every song you do. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Good Job bbg! Frankly, I never really liked that song ... now I think I do. Simple instrumentation with a little effect (is that reverb or delay or what?) appeals to me. Thanks for posting! It's a good Sunday now.

Nice to see you stepping a bit out of your comfort zone and moving into higher altitude mountain climbing. I thought you handled that really well and it was was an excellent example of controlled vocals. You were going up high a few times there and it looked like you might fall off a cliff a couple times but you just stopped short of the edge. I enjoy listening to you mate as i learn a lot about singing and controlled delivery yet still with character and personality. Well done.

Thanks Aussie , I knew I was on the edge of a cliff a few times .

I might not have fallen off but the path definitely gave way a couple of times .

It's not perfect , I'm never gonna be Roy Orbison , nor do I want to be .

I'm not gigging so ya gotta let it out sometimes , this is a good place for that , and folk who may be sitting with a fat wallet hunting for a guitar , well it's an example of what a j45 sounds like .

I appreciate that folk click on the link and see what I've done

Because the song is so familiar sometimes I think the beauty of the lyrics get lost.Your version captures the gentle sadness and isolation in the song.Great stuff.

Yes, what John says! Capturing the essense the way you do transcends the song's own obstacles, imo. I think the lyrics don't really hang well on their own, but the sound of them works. And, since we all hear EJ's version in our heads, it takes some doing to open up a fresh listen.

But you, you've got that 'Thing,' and here I am, listening to it like I never heard it before. Awesome...

Archived