Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting Video-----Gillian Welch and David Rawlings

MissouriPicker

What great performers. I like watch G when she is playing that old J-50. Just doesn't feel the same when I watch her with a Martin in her hands. This one was also recorded, at least published, in January 2016 also. I could listen to these songs on the road from Denver to St. Paul, easily, and never get bored.

Gotta love the internet and how you can find yourself wandering around tracking down leads and suggestions. At the end of that radio gig Gillian mentions Townes' album "At My Window" so I go there and see Buckskin Stallion Blues on that album. What a great song! Another Townes discovery. Thanks MissouriPicker.

Just masterful, must agree on the Gibson v Martin front the Gibson just suits the voices . It's also a good lesson of just playing for the song and making every note count . Many thanks and really enjoying both videos msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

What great performers. I like watch G when she is playing that old J-50. Just doesn't feel the same when I watch her with a Martin in her hands. This one was also recorded, at least published, in January 2016 also. I could listen to these songs on the road from Denver to St. Paul, easily, and never get bored.

Cool that you found that clip. It is from a Swedish TV-show called Jills Veranda (Jill's Porch in English). Jill Jonsson is a Swedish country singer/songwriter who spends a lot of her time in Nashville. She has her own TV-show where she brings other Swedish artists, not familiar with country/folk music, to Nashville letting them in on the music and culture surrounding Nashville. The visiting Swedish artist for that specific episode is Veronica Maggio. You can see her and Jill in some of the close-ups, Veronica with blonde hair and Jill with brown.

This is also the TV-show that brought attention and fame to Doug Seegers, who was homeless and playing in the streets before being on the show. He is currently on a 60-date summer tour of Sweden and has released several albums here. Very cool indeed.

All in all a fantastic TV-show for lovers of this style of music.

Lars

Archived