Gibson Brands Forums

BBg got a new axe

blindboygrunt

It is without any doubt whatsoever a 1952 LG-2 with a lower bout two inch cleated crack, bone pins except for the high E which is plastic, 47.5 hours old 80/20 strings, played in a room with an arabian knitted carpet and yellow wallpaper.

What do I win????? [biggrin]

Lars

This is one of the most interesting posts I've followed in a long time (I'm assuming no one has solved the riddle yet or BBG would have told us) since it really does illustrate that even a bunch of avid guitar players/listeners can't get to the specifics of a brand and model just from listening.

Its that ladder braced LG-1.

I think so, too-- for the following nebulous reasons:

1. I have a '64 LG-1, so I must be an expert

2. When I was a lass, my cousin's then-husband entertained us all with it on the back patio one summer eve.

3. That same eve, he showed me the chords to "House of the Rising Sun."

4. He was both Irish and drunk.

If one more person mentions alcohol in relation to alcohol I'm gonna go join the agf

It's not an LG

But it is a Gibson

Years ago the local pub ran a whisky tasting session for charity , a gin drinker won the first prize

Guys couldn't identify their OWN brand of whisky

If one more person mentions alcohol in relation to alcohol I'm gonna go join the agf

It's not an LG

But it is a Gibson

Years ago the local pub ran a whisky tasting session for charity , a gin drinker won the first prize

Guys couldn't identify their OWN brand of whisky

you already are a on the AGF !

Still think its the LG-1

This is the same bunch of guys who take bridge pins out because they don't like how it effects the sound of their guitar !!

Hahaha

but..

I only do that when I change strings,

then I put da same ones back in!!

would I lie to you? hmm??

Whoa. Two things.

First:

Anne. I stumbled across the My Little Pony Annual Convention in Columbus Ohio a month ago. I am still traumatized. Please. no mention of #TROTCON ever on the Gibson forum again. Please. PLEASE. Pretty PLEASE.

Second:

It really is kind of a bad form of stereotyping to equate the Irish with drink... We should really stop that. After this one joke...

An Irish priest is driving along a country road when a police man pulls him over. He immediately smells alcohol on the priest's breath and notices an empty wine bottle in the car.

He says: "Have you been drinking?"

"Just water," says the priest.

The cop replies: "Then why do I smell wine?"

The priest looks at the bottle and says: "Good Lord! He's done it again!"

Archived