Gibson Brands Forums

Martin vs Taylor

blindboygrunt

No. his voice though was a different matter 😕

It does cause one to wonder about an experiment to listen for sound change of an acoustic guitar filled with helium from a balloon, and/or what other gas(es) might be used.

With his audio/video editing skills, the name on the headstock was not as important as just enjoying some real fine acoustic guitar music to start the day.

I like Taylors, There I said it!

they don't get a lot of love here in the Gibson Acoustic corner. but they are great guitars, I had two, down to one now. I would buy another (a 700 or 800 series) if one came my way and the deal was right.

Excellent post.... [thumbup]

I recognised the Taylor edge as soon as he started up... [biggrin]

This is why folks have several guitars... :blink:

Playing my T5 at a gig later tonight

Everyone should try a T5 at some stage in their life

Taxi...!!

V

:-({|=

That was nice!

Two practiced, strong guitar players, so not tonnes of difference.

Taylor slightly thinner, reedier. Martin more rounded, more three dimensional.

Taylor sounded like an acoustic, Martin sounded like An ACOUStic, Baby!

I'd prefer a sound test on their feet, stupid lights on the PA cab stands, 80 - 90 degrees in the bar, some people dancing in front, the heat of a playing band and guitar player behind.

In my Taylor use, it is absorbed by the muffin tops and Levis, the Martin can hang with all the sweat and fashion, stays thick and girth-y.

If yer up in the air 4 feet or so, my Taylor always fell off about 30 feet out, my M-36 makes it to the back without breaking up, my 000-16 gets clanky 30 feet out. But that's only like two or three places we frequent any more.

I like them both but if spending they money I'd be glad to have another Martin. I think that is the question, what would you rather throw a few grand at?

rct

I don't get why they did the comparison of these two models. The 716ce is a $5000 guitar and is a completely different body shape. The D42 is a $8000 guitar and a dreadnaught. They both sounded terrific though I can't see someone making a choice between them... apples and oranges.

I don't get why they did the comparison of these two models. The 716ce is a $5000 guitar and is a completely different body shape. The D42 is a $8000 guitar and a dreadnaught. They both sounded terrific though I can't see someone making a choice between them... apples and oranges.

I'm with you. A better comparison would be a 814CE and an OMCPA1 Plus.

Archived