Gibson Brands Forums

Let's see your amps!

Dub-T-123

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m at work so I won’t see the video till I get home but man that is cool!! So jealous you get to tinker on such a beauty

Is that the bias modulating trem that you see on brownface amps like the 6G3 or is it the funky “harmonic” phasery trem?

It was lots of fun. This has the harmonic tremolo. It kind of gave me the creeps when I turned it up past 12:00.

This amp had the wrong bias board installed at the factory and was running at 20% idle and sounded pretty bad. And the bias on these amps is not adjustable. We ended up installing a trimpot on a removable terminal strip so the bias could be adjusted and the mod can be completely and transparently reversed so the antique value of the amp won't be affected. In this case, the "wrong" bias board is probably "correct" as far as collectors go. Now it accepts 5881 or 6L6 power tubes and biases from about 30% to over 80%. The owner likes his amps biased at 40%. [thumbup]

Great playing and great work

I built a Weber Revibe which has that harmonic tremolo circuit, but interestingly I don’t get as much intensity at that setting and mine seems to sound more like a phaser than that when it is at a similar intensity. The pot is reverse log so maybe the taper on the newer pots is more linear causing the action to happen at a higher setting

Could you do a quick clip with the intensity cranked so I can hear that please?

The Super is gone but this Swart showed up. It'll make you feel pretty wobbly too. Ill get a clip when its all set.

27337249_1544109229041076_8183902488772463373_n.jpg?oh=51516b9961bf4a849117f2d1bffe6dc6&oe=5ADA4A2C

The sound in the clip was makin me wonder if that wasn’t the later bias modulating trem for that Super

The atomic space tone is a sweet little amp

• 2 weeks later...

Archived