Gibson Brands Forums

Aussie Weapon Of Choice!

Digger

This time of year there will be millions ( well maybe thousands) of Aussies grabbing their Barbi Mate and cooking dinner for the family. In fact there are only a couple of nights in the last 6 weeks when this hasn't been my weapon of choice!

This baby flips, pricks and slices, like no other tool known to mankind!

The Aussie way of life would not be the same without a barbie Mate!

Here it is!!

BARBMATE_LRG.jpg

Yes, breathtaking, I know.

Now here is a photo of the OP with Barbi Mate in action.

IMG_4358.jpg

Impressive right? Up there with an Esky full of coldies right?

Some things have just got to be shared.

That's ok, I don't mind if you don't share, really I don't.

Not a bit.

I think I might have sent you a PM thinking your comment was in another thread...sorry, old age does that to you~

Heres the story:

I might have told this story before, forgive me if I have. Sorry it's a bit sad.

I met Ian when he was 4 years old and we were friends for 44 years. He was a big kid, genetics, hard to beat, and he suffered from type1 diabetes. Poor bugger had terrible trouble and lost bits every so often to diabetic neuropathy. He'd lost a leg below the knee, all the toes on the other foot, he had one finger left and that was the one he typed email to me every day for years. His forum name was "Fingers".

The last 3 or 4 years of his life he was placed in a nursing home for old folks. Because he had a mind and needs, whereas the other "inmates" were quiet and compliant, he was stuck in an out of the way room where he could be ignored and that was Ian's life. We lived hundreds of kilometres apart and so contact was mostly email. I "talked" to him a number of times a day and tried to involve him in my life just to give him something of interest to think about.

One day a package turned up in the mail! It was that apron with a note daring me to put it on and have my photo taken, and to mail it to him. Now Ian had a great mind but a wicked sense of humour and that photo is the result.

I didn't mind making a dill of myself if it gave him something to laugh at. He ribbed me for ages over the photo....and you can see why.

RIP mate, I still miss you.

As with most of your posts, there is usually an interesting story to go along with it.

The handle looks looks kinda short on that thing. Careful not to burn your hand over the hot barbie. B)

Ours are a little longer :rolleyes:

IMG_1230_zpsqfiab2es.jpg

As with most of your posts, there is usually an interesting story to go along with it.

The handle looks looks kinda short on that thing. Careful not to burn your hand over the hot barbie. B)

IMG_1230_zpsqfiab2es.jpg

Nice apron Digger, and that's a fair pair you've got there mate :)

Ian

Chuckle...I thought they could actually do with a bit of a boost Ian, but the pic doesn't show my legs, and they are much better than the apron.

I wonder what happened to that apron?

IMG_1230_zpsqfiab2es.jpg

I often wonder if I'm boring the socks off people Jay, but thanks for your comments mate.

Bigger BBQ tools eh? Are you from Texas?

Grin~

1486237752[/url]' post='1832887']

I often wonder if I'm boring the socks off people Jay, but thanks for your comments mate.

Bigger BBQ tools eh? Are you from Texas?

Grin~

There all like that here. Ours too. Don't think you can bore me Rob, there was a guy at HaveLock Shops who told me he went home and dressed in his wife's lingerie. Bra and panties too. He even showed me a photo of himself in her polka dotted dress. He said he had pantyhose, had hi heels, nails painted, lip stick, ear rings, the whole Shabang. And a beard. That apron isn't bad and for a good cause. Still don't know why this bloke at work brought that photo in and showed it to a bunch of guys for. And he was married and had kids. And He Was A Bodybuilder.

There all like that here. Ours too. Don't think you can bore me Rob, there was a guy at HaveLock Shops who told me he went home and dressed in his wife's lingerie. Bra and panties too. He even showed me a photo of himself in her polka dotted dress. He said he had pantyhose, had hi heels, nails painted, lip stick, ear rings, the whole Shabang. And a beard. That apron isn't bad and for a good cause. Still don't know why this bloke at work brought that photo in and showed it to a bunch of guys for. And he was married and had kids. And He Was A Bodybuilder.

Nope! Nope! Nope!

1486273131[/url]' post='1832978']

Nope! Nope! Nope!

With you!! Lol. This guy was a strange bad cookie. He was straight being married and with kids but loved to give guys birthday kisses on the lips and spied on guys at the urine looking over to check out how big they were. Then telling the rest of the guys? When I retired I asked for a T-Shirt that said "I Survived Havelock Shops" without a kiss.

With you!! Lol. This guy was a strange bad cookie. He was straight being married and with kids but loved to give guys birthday kisses on the lips and spied on guys at the urine looking over to check out how big they were. Then telling the rest of the guys? When I retired I asked for a T-Shirt that said "I Survived Havelock Shops" without a kiss.

Straight because he was married?

I reckon he was as crooked as a dog's hind leg~

Blokes do NOT wear women's clothing and they do NOT check out other blokes at the urinal...end of story!

He would have ended up with a broken nose if he did that stuff here.

Blokes do NOT wear women's clothing and they do NOT check out other blokes at the urinal...end of story!

Sounds like a regular ol poofter to me!

Chuckle...I was trying to be careful to NOT say exactly that!

For the record, I am not a homophobe, but if a guy is sneaking peeks at my weenie and showing me pictures of himself dressed in drag we're going to have an issue.

I do hope I didn't offend anybody.

For the record, I am not a homophobe, but if a guy is sneaking peeks at my weenie and showing me pictures of himself dressed in drag we're going to have an issue.

Certainly not me!

1486412814[/url]' post='1833252']

I had to go by what he said. But was laughing at your crooked hind leg dog comment. You had to have eyes in the back of your head down there especially on your Birthday! And I agree with you.

1486426554[/url]' post='1833282']

If a guy is sneaking peeks at my weenie and showing me pictures of himself dressed in drag we're going to have an issue.

I loved working at Union Pacific Railroad but when they closed down the Omaha based plant I had to go to Burlington Northern to finish out my Railroad career for my retirement. That place I hated. Going back every morning for more felt like going to prison. Some friends and coworkers made it better and others made it miserable but you had to watch it and not get in a fight or they would fire you in a heart beat. So I just tried to avoid and stay away from most that I could. I found out the best job there was the Shot Blast which was Hazmat stripping paint from cars through a automated machine and sending them to the paint shop where this guy worked. However, I was forced to work in the Paint shop for a few months one time as well as other places.

Archived