Gibson Brands Forums

Losing My Job

cookieman15061

Personally I'm excited about a new beginning. I've had some employers already approach me about work if I wanted to continue in the same field but at 57 I'm kinda looking for a change. A chance to do something I really love.

Rock star? msp_scared.gif

Best of luck whatever you go into!

I was in the Persian Gulf during the first Gulf War. Veitnam era vets were treated like s-hit now we are all considered hero's. I don't get it. Serving your country (which ever one it was) was supposed to be honorable, not when you come home you are spit on and called baby killers.

Bad here too! Came as a hell of shock, one I've never been able to get over.

It affects me every day of my life and it's 48 years ago since I came home.

I was in the Persian Gulf during the first Gulf War. Veitnam era vets were treated like s-hit now we are all considered hero's. I don't get it. Serving your country (which ever one it was) was supposed to be honorable, not when you come home you are spit on and called baby killers.

I agree I was in on the heals of Vietnam, I was telling my wife not long ago how it is so much different now and I am glad it is. We never wore our uniforms off base very often and you are right there was this kinda "looking down their nose" attitude back then. I think it is great for the people now and I was able to live without fanfare just fine however, the Vietnam veterans were treated so wrong.

Wow sorry to hear that Digger. Best to you.

Your optimistic take on this whole thing is a true bellwether of your excellent character Cookie. Maybe it's time to open a guitar shop? Put all these years of guitar wisdom to use. [biggrin]

Surf, believe me when I tell ya, my Son has been trying to push me in that direction for years. He says we should start a guitar store business.

Of course the financial investment would be all mine. lol

Archived