Gibson Brands Forums

Bruce Hampton RIP

jaxson50

There will be a lot of soul searching after this. I watched the video of the ten minutes leading up to Bruce collapsing and there was no sign anything was wrong, but after he went down the only response was chuckles.

Looks to be similar to what sadly often happens when someone is drowning. People see them waving their arms and think they're just playing around, not realizing what's actually going on until its too late. I wonder if he'd been drinking and the other players just assumed he'd passed out from too much booze?

1493774816[/url]' post='1852891']

When the hell did they realize he passed, when they were packing the gear up? I would have at least poked him with my toe after a minute or so.

That's what I thought. Good grief, I'm sure he didn't have a history of just laying down in concerts before. Just keep on playing??

So sad. I first heard Bruce in his band The Fiji Mariners & later in Aquarium Rescue Unit. He was unique.

I can understand to some extent that bandmates would continue playing if especially focused, such as playing a solo. But all of them? They are probably feeling terrible now.

Archived