Gibson Brands Forums

Expert Repair done by Taylor

kidblast

A while back, (perhaps close to 2 years now) an SM58 and stand tipped over and nailed the top on my 2006 Taylor GS.

here's the carnage.

22519481_10208217559316191_5993336021230635389_n.jpg?oh=90a58399766b1b43371b483067040b6f&oe=5A75C3F3

after checking with a few local repair guys, some wouldn't touch it, while a Taylor Authorized Service center in New Hampshire quoted me 500~900 to do the repair, ridiculous... I eventually contacted Taylor this past summer, sent them this photo, and they quoted $175 ~ $225 to repair it. I boxed it up and shipped it. Their turn around time was about 9 weeks, and 5 days to get back to me.

Here's the the AFTER picture.

(edit: added a close up)

22527978_10208217645558347_3852836808275746488_n.jpg?oh=02bae4ecb894551ef014678816bdab24&oe=5A64FD2D

22519455_10208217559276190_5893917388771159606_n.jpg?oh=e93c0d2d6b4bdf80a9bdf5b09e2d30b4&oe=5A7FC5D0

The final repair cost was $220, they removed and reset the bridge, replaced the saddle, and the nut, found a loose brace somewhere inside that was resealed, and a complete setup.

The shipping kind of killed me, ($120 to get it there, 50 bucks to get it back here)

I was more than pleased.

I know this is a Gibson Forum, and the impartiality to some of the other brands (...ahem...) exists,,, But there are also a lot of ppl here on this site who have & adore both gibson and taylor acoustics (I happen to be one of those guys)

That said,, yes.. I would definitely refer them. They were great.. The ppl I was dealing with were very responsive. All of my emails answered with in hours, they called when ever they need to get in touch.

IMO These guys are right on top of their game.

The cost for the work was very reasonable, and did work that I didn't ask for, or even knew needed to be done. They wanted it to be right when got it back, and it was.. Great attention to detail. [thumbup]

I've dealt with Gibson, Martin, and Ovation (the old company) and had nothing but good experiences.

Looks like Taylor did a great job. A few years ago I had a C2 Custom Koa that had a few flaws. Wish I had known about this.

I've dealt with Gibson, Martin, and Ovation (the old company) and had nothing but good experiences.

Looks like Taylor did a great job. A few years ago I had a C2 Custom Koa that had a few flaws. Wish I had known about this.

hi Dave.. Any time I have contacted Gibson CS, they have answered my questions too.

Taylor CS is impressive in this experience, very personable and responsive.

I know this is a Gibson Forum, and the impartiality to some of the other brands (...ahem...) exists,,, But there are also a lot of ppl here on this site who have & adore both gibson and taylor acoustics (I happen to be one of those guys)

That said,, yes.. I would definitely refer them. They were great.. The ppl I was dealing with were very responsive. All of my emails answered with in hours, they called when ever they need to get in touch.

IMO These guys are right on top of their game.

The cost for the work was very reasonable, and did work that I didn't ask for, or even knew needed to be done. They wanted it to be right when got it back, and it was.. Great attention to detail. [thumbup]

Count me in as well.

Hi guys,,

Taylor really did it right, it took a while, there was about a 9 week backlog, 5 days either way for shipping. But they have the process down, they told me the day they planned to start the work, and quoted how long it would take. in fact they started it a day earlier then it was schedule, letting me know the process along the way.

I was ok with the wait, as I wanted it done right, and that, they did. If you take a look in direct sunlight, only then can you see a hint of a trace of the damage. Other than that, it is nearly impossible to see.

Archived