Gibson Brands Forums

Fakes - look out

Tim Plains

If you buy on-line from a reputable Gibson internet dealer' date=' is there still a chance you will get a fake? Highly Unlikely ... I assume getting something from e-bay increases the chances of getting "faked" Highly Likely

Shop Smart...

Guess I was being too subtle. Check my signature. It's from the same scene as gumby's avatar. I think the photo is from the "No' date=' don't even look at it" line.[/quote']

"dont touch it"

I wasnt going to touch it, I was just pointing"

"no dont point... dont even look at it"

That's the most f-cked up sh-t funny stuff ever... if you are a guitar player.

those stickers on the control plate' date=' ive seen those alot, only on fakes though default_eusa_wall.gif

is this just me?

Yeah, most fakes come with those... I dont understand why... isnt it cheaper to just not use them?

I could understand if gibsons came with them and fakes didnt... but doing/having the oposite just doesnt make sense.

That's why I think the only reason they are not doing exact replicas is because they are replicating other chinese fakes and using gibson style headstocks on epis. They might be too cheap or to ignorant to go and buy a real gibson and copy it, in their cheapness and ignorance they might think the guitar their neighbour sells is a real gibson, so they buy one of those and copy it.:(

China is gaining ground by "robbery" they are basicly the underground crooks of the world... Not all of them' date=' but these counterfits etc.. I have a chiniese ipod that I broke a while ago. Also I see 3 things wrong, not going to say what they are.[/quote']

China has been at war with the U.S. one crappy product at a time for years. Sad thing is most of use have no idea were even being attacked

The headstock might be the only thing they're getting right. Not even looking at the headstock/truss rod cover' date=' I can see 5 things wrong in that first photo. Six, if you count the fact it comes wrapped in foam in a cardboard box.[/quote']

I got 7... not counting the fact that it comes wrapped in foam in a cardboard box...

I was all over this scammer last night as he kept re-posting his 12 Chinese Les Pauls a few ads. Then, Craigslist removes my ad,....everytime I try to warn others, Craigslist just seems to protect the scammers. It looks like he moved on to Kijiji now.

Never bothered to get pictures like the OP did here, but his initial ad claimed he was selling "Made in USA LP copies". I squinted at the picture and saw "Gibson" on the headstock, so I knew this was a big scam. Looking closely at the picture, that guitar would fool a lot of people. I wonder how the pots look like under the lid.

Archived