Gibson Brands Forums

Now able to delete one's own posts

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

I've just noticed a "delete" button in each of my own posts. Seems we can now delete posts.

Edit: except in the lounge, I now notice. Only in other sub sections.

That'll make it even harder to follow the plot.

(though folks can now clean up their own f'ken duplicate post messes)

Farns, I can see delete button on this post and its in the lounge [confused] ....so I'll probably delete it later as an act of self-expression in this brave new world we've been shown.

Talking about a new format, has anybody been getting messages saying they have to wait 30 seconds for posting?

I got that on Friday I believe. That should also help with the double posts.

I bet that Farns cannot delete his post because he is the OP and that would delete the whole thread. So you can delete any post of yours unless it is the start of a thread?

I bet that Farns cannot delete his post because he is the OP and that would delete the whole thread. So you can delete any post of yours unless it is the start of a thread?

Somebody deleted the whole thread about digital recording VS analog.

and that's exactly how I've pictured you. not sure if that says more about you or me ...

When I picture him like that my jammies snug up across the front. I do not like what that says about anything.

rct

I think your right about not being able to delete the initial post.

Guest Farnsbarns

That'll make it even harder to follow the plot.

(though folks can now clean up their own f'ken duplicate post messes)

Farns, I can see delete button on this post and its in the lounge [confused] ....so I'll probably delete it later as an act of self-expression in this brave new world we've been shown.

Good spot. Yes, it seems I was looking at a OP which can't be deleted but other posts, even in the lounge, can.

Usually you can't delete the initial post. You can edit it pretty well though.

Just in way of passing...

In the Leica (they make cameras) Forum you can only edit your own post for a comparatively short while after the original 'Click' before your post becomes, in effect, locked.

Try to amend a post made, say, 20 minutes ago? Nope. Not Gonna Happen.

Makes you focus (pun....oh, do try to keep up, 007) on what you really do - and don't - want to type in the first place....

Pip.

Guest Farnsbarns

Just in way of passing...

In the Leica (they make cameras) Forum you can only edit your own post for a comparatively short while after the original 'Click' before your post becomes, in effect, locked.

Try to amend a post made, say, 20 minutes ago? Nope. Not Gonna Happen.

Makes you focus (pun....oh, do try to keep up, 007) on what you really do - and don't - want to type in the first place....

Pip.

I edit nearly every post I make. I can't stand staring at my own typos or grammatical errors.

In the fora I do/have run I've always put a time limit on editing.

Archived