Gibson Brands Forums

Eat the Rich

deepblue

I went into L&M Burlington tonight to order my Charvel.

While there I witnessed a man pay cash for a Custom shop black beauty w/bigsby....no big deal?

it was for his 11 year old daughter....This is the Gods honest truth. Hes bought her a new guitar every month for the past 3 months. Last month is was a Custom shop SG.

She was with him, trying them out.

I couldnt believe it.

I bought my daughter a new '08 Les Paul Studio (Fireburst) for her 9th birthday last Dec. She has been playing a 1/2 sized fiddle since she was 5. She took fiddle/vocal/and piano lessons for 2 years. Rhonda Vincent, Hunter Berry, Josh Williams, and Charlie Daniels signed her fiddle, and handed her his bow (used on that song) at a concert in 2007.

I have no problem with that.

I'll buy my kid anything I want, at any time.

Good for them.

Murph.

I went into L&M Burlington tonight to order my Charvel.

While there I witnessed a man pay cash for a Custom shop black beauty w/bigsby....no big deal?

it was for his 11 year old daughter....This is the Gods honest truth. Hes bought her a new guitar every month for the past 3 months. Last month is was a Custom shop SG.

She was with him' date=' trying them out.

I couldnt believe it.[/quote']

That kids wont know value belive me theres been tests...on me.

That kid has no idea of the value.....shes spoilt. Imagine dropping $5500 on a guitar for your 11 year old?

The 3rd guitar in 3 months. wow.

Yes' date=' I was jealous.[/quote']

Dont be theres a big chance she will grow out of playing guitar happens to alot of ppl more of chance to happen to girls.

Murph theres no point in getting mad when you cant fix it.

Dude. I'm not mad.

I'm depressed. I kind of thought "your" generation would take care of "my" generation, like it's always been done. But since you can't read, or write, or build anything, or grow anything we can eat, I'm thinking you are pretty much useless.

What do you do for a living?

Curious?

Murph.

Dude. I'm not mad.

I'm depressed. I kind of thought "your" generation would take care of "my" generation' date=' like it's always been done. But since you can't read, or write, or build anything, or grow anything we can eat, I'm thinking you are pretty much useless.

What do you do for a living?

Curious?

Murph.[/quote']

Dude im 14 im a student.

I bought my daughter a new '08 Les Paul Studio (Fireburst) for her 9th birthday last Dec. She has been playing a 1/2 sized fiddle since she was 5. She took fiddle/vocal/and piano lessons for 2 years. Rhonda Vincent' date=' Hunter Berry, Josh Williams, and Charlie Daniels signed her fiddle, and handed her his bow (used on that song) at a concert in 2007.

I have no problem with that.

I'll buy my kid anything I want, at any time.

Good for them.

Murph.[/quote']

Yeah your daughter obviously works hard at her musicianship and earns it.

I've seen people though who will buy their child, who's a musical virgin, a top oft the line guitar just because they are rich and they can. I guess thats cool but they should just buy a Parker or something, they are super expensive. Save the Gibsons for the artists.

I know a kid who can't even play power chords in time and his dad bought him a LP Custom. He also has a custom shop strat and a very good condition S-1.

People should earn what they get, especially if its something as nice as a Gibson.

Murph - sometimes you hit the nail on the head.

.....since you can't read, or write, or build anything, or grow anything we can eat.....

I'd never thought of it that way, but when I peer through myopic eyes at the punks spitting at the bus driver and destroying the skateboard park we built for them, I can see what you mean. Depressing.

When I put this case to a gang of dissolute teenage reprobates the other day, they told me that my generation had all the fun back in the day (with the big cars and the drug taking and the sex and rock and stuff) and had left them a planet sized waste-ground as a legacy. Now, they said, was payback time, and all the old wrinklies should be put down to make way for the party. Depressing.

But I do like my Telecaster - so we don't agree on everything :-

Archived