Gibson Brands Forums

Not being able to play my beloved guitars for three weeks

Lars68

Get Better Lars. You are a tough SOB with a thick skin, so it will come easy.

And on your say so I just bought the Grado phones on Amazon... the first ones you linked to.

Your're in for a real treat, Brooklyn style no less! Give us a review once you have used them for a while.

Lars

I do sympathize Brother. About two months ago I somehow managed to mess my right hand up working outside. At first I freaked out thinking I had the worst flare up of arthritis known to man. But the Doc told me somehow I had managed to traumatize it. It is just now gotten to the point where I can bend my fingers into position over the strings and not feel like they are covered with paper cuts. So if it I any consolation, these things too will pass.

Best wishes for a quick recovery, Lars. Back pain is the worst and debilitating beyond belief.

I agree about the pleasure of listening to music on good headphones. One of life's true pleasures for me. I've had very expensive home stereo setups including headphones, which I loved. I sold pretty much all my stuff many years ago and sought out budget gear to hold me over. I would echo the sentiment that open back cans are the way to go. I read lots of good reviews of the Superlux HD688B headphones and didn't think twice about spending $30 on them. I spent a little more to replace the ear pads with AKG velour pads and haven't looked back. They're great cans!

Be well soon, Lars! Very sorry to hear you’ve been laid up. I’d be a very forlorn specimen if I couldn’t play for three weeks (as would most of us, I’m sure!), I hope you’re on the mend as rapidly as poss.

The thing is, Lars, you have something to motivate you. Something BIG. So, you'll get there. Not a question of 'if', just 'when'.

I broke my left ring finger 9 or 10 years back and couldn't play for something like 3 or 4 months.

"Doctor, will I be able to play the piano again?"

"Yes."

"That's funny. I couldn't play it before."

And, it took some 'rehab' to get it to work again like 'normal'.

But, it was a definite plus all around. Helped me realize how much I loved it, when I realized how much I missed it.

So, this is going to work out GREAT for you. Just give it time. Jim

I've been tied up in bed now for three weeks soon, due to a badly herniated disc.

Not being able to play, I have turned to my second favorite hobby...

You made my smutty mind giggle there for a split second Lars [blink][laugh] ...ah, headphones, very good.

Back pain is the pits, hope you get well soon Scandinavian-alter-ego-mate.

Thanks everyone for the get-well-wishes. I can see some improvements coming...slowly...

And, Scales, what exactly were you thinking of [biggrin]

Lars

Btw, "Hard Times" from the Lauren Sheehan/John Thomas Gibson Banner album is playing in my headphones as I type this. I have about 10000 songs loaded onto my player, and it is set to random. So very fitting on many levels, almost scary timing!

Archived