Gibson Brands Forums

I'm leaving...

Guest Farnsbarns

Flight 959 reminded me...as a kid I'd walk to school and stop at the 'paper store', known as Goldberg's Variety Store, circa 1960, to pick up the candy I would plan on surreptitiously eating during class. I always noticed the Black Diamond display behind the register next to the Playboys. Guitars and girls...I think it rearranged my priorities.

Guest Farnsbarns

Flight959 is a very bad man. Last weekend he said he'd come over with an E string. I'd set about restringing only to find the set I had was missing one. He didn't turn up and called Yesterday to apologise and tell me he was coming round. However, he had now snapped a string and no longer had a spare.

Nevermind, I said, could you bring my pump polish back.

No, I used it all.

Oh great. Could you let me use your fret doctor then.

No I've run out of that too.

A bloody disgrace.

As it turned out, he did have some polish and some fret doctor so all is forgiven.

Let's see...a Three Musketeers, a ball point pen...and one of those combs there, a pint of Old Harper, a couple of flash light batteries...and some beef jerky.

rct

Ha Ha, Love that movie. I'd be happy just with more sustain.

Flight959 is a very bad man. Last weekend he said he'd come over with an E string. I'd set about restringing only to find the set I had was missing one. He didn't turn up and called Yesterday to apologise and tell me he was coming round. However, he had now snapped a string and no longer had a spare.

Nevermind, I said, could you bring my pump polish back.

No, I used it all.

Oh great. Could you let me use your fret doctor then.

No I've run out of that too.

A bloody disgrace.

As it turned out, he did have some polish and some fret doctor so all is forgiven.

I have nothing to add except that I’m jealous of the British Gibson club and you should try these strings which often include an extra (high) e string

http://m.juststrings.com/sit-s942.html

Guest Farnsbarns

I have nothing to add except that I’m jealous of the British Gibson club and you should try these strings which often include an extra (high) e string

http://m.juststrings.com/sit-s942.html

A high E and a high B. Which is cool, but I never break them so I have a bunch of extras now.

I haven't snapped a string in decades. That's the mystery. I did snap a brand new one on my dobro trying to tune it a little too high but it doesn't explain where I used a 10 guage electric string. Perhaps I opened them to give it to someone. I can feel the memory of it back there somewhere but can't quite retrieve it.

I haven't snapped a string in decades. That's the mystery. I did snap a brand new one on my dobro trying to tune it a little too high but it doesn't explain where I used a 10 guage electric string. Perhaps I opened them to give it to someone. I can feel the memory of it back there somewhere but can't quite retrieve it.

I haven't snapped a G-string in decades. Does that count?

Archived