Gibson Brands Forums

With talent like Warren Haynes has...

pippy

When one man, with a guitar and an amp can command the attention of everyone in the room with his singin' and playin'. That my friends is some serious talent!

Warren's playing is so dad gum soulful. I love it.

Thanks for posting Pip.

Amoeba records is a great used record store. I used to go to the one in Berkley, CA all the time when I lived in the Bay Area. There is one in SF and LA. It is probably the one in LA.

Saw him in '09 when he was with these dudes called The Allman Brothers.

That’s the SF Amoeba. The one in LA is probably my favorite record store, but I haven’t been to the SF one much

huge fan here. saw him a dozen times with the Allman Brothers. 25 times with the Mule.

The Hampton Road Area (Norfolk. VA) is devoid of musical culture. Most band pass us by on 95. In the summer in Virginia Beach at the Amphitheater is nothing but Ken and Barbie Country acts and all the Dinosaur's that are still touring. Every once I a while someone comes to The Norva in Nofolk or The National in Richmond that I want to see.

The Hampton Road Area (Norfolk. VA) is devoid of musical culture. Most band pass us by on 95. In the summer in Virginia Beach at the Amphitheater is nothing but Ken and Barbie Country acts and all the Dinosaur's that are still touring. Every once I a while someone comes to The Norva in Nofolk or The National in Richmond that I want to see.

it's been a long time since I've headed down that way for a show. I remember Hampton Roads Coliseum being a decent place .

it's been a long time since I've headed down that way for a show. I remember Hampton Roads Coliseum being a decent place .

The last time I was at the Hampton Coliseum (which is 25 mins from my house)I think I saw Kiss about 5 years ago. It's a small place by todays standards and very few people ever play there. There may be 2 shows a year there.

The last time I was at the Hampton Coliseum (which is 25 mins from my house)I think I saw Kiss about 5 years ago. It's a small place by todays standards and very few people ever play there. There may be 2 shows a year there.

last show I saw there was the Dead in '84. i made it down front. Garcia looked like he was going to fall over dead at any second.

last show I saw there was the Dead in '84. i made it down front. Garcia looked like he was going to fall over dead at any second.

I did not start seeing the Grateful Dead until '85 when I lived in The SF Bay Area. A few years after you saw them Jerry went to rehab and got clean and lost some weight and looked much better. Then I think he in the 90's he started up with heroin again, and I think in '95 he passed. Saw The Dead (the real ones, not the fake a-ss one with John Mayer) about 13 times and Jerry's Band once. When The Dead were on it was a magic night.

Well I ain't often right but I've never been wrong,

Seldom turns out the way it does in the song.

Once in a while you get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right

I did not start seeing the Grateful Dead until '85 when I lived in The SF Bay Area. A few years after you saw them Jerry went to rehab and got clean and lost some weight and looked much better. Then I think he in the 90's he started up with heroin again, and I think in '95 he passed. Saw The Dead (the real ones, not the fake a-ss one with John Mayer) about 13 times and Jerry's Band once. When The Dead were on it was a magic night.

Well I ain't often right but I've never been wrong,

Seldom turns out the way it does in the song.

Once in a while you get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right

I would have loved to have seen them in their prime.

When was the last time you were in SF? Did you know it is the most expensive place to live in America now? Costs about $3K a month to rent anything there

I would have loved to have seen them in their prime.

When was the last time you were in SF? Did you know it is the most expensive place to live in America now? Costs about $3K a month to rent anything there

Haven't been to Cali in about 5 or 6 years. Last time I landed at San Jose Airport I did not even recognize the place I lived in for over 20 years. When we were there we went to a wedding in Yosemite, stayed a few days at my brothers in SJ, went down to Pismo Beach where my mother now resides and went up to Santa Rosa to visit my best friend. Stopped in to SF on the way back down from Santa Rosa. Love Cali and miss it. I hate the East Coast, but I'm gonna live here the rest of my life. I am going to move to SC at the end of this year. That is a little bit of an improvement over VA.

When I listen to the Dead which is usually live stuff I think in '72 they were never better.

Haven't been to Cali in about 5 or 6 years. Last time I landed at San Jose Airport I did not even recognize the place I lived in for over 20 years. When we were there we went to a wedding in Yosemite, stayed a few days at my brothers in SJ, went down to Pismo Beach where my mother now resides and went up to Santa Rosa to visit my best friend. Stopped in to SF on the way back down from Santa Rosa. Love Cali and miss it. I hate the East Coast, but I'm gonna live here the rest of my life. I am going to move to SC at the end of this year. That is a little bit of an improvement over VA.

When I listen to the Dead which is usually live stuff I think in '72 they were never better.

NorCal is beautiful and I’ve had such good times there. Why are you stuck in the East?

First Grateful Dead song that I loved was Morning Dew. It’s kinda cool trying to steal their mixolydian guitar stuff a bit

NorCal is beautiful and I’ve had such good times there. Why are you stuck in the East?

First Grateful Dead song that I loved was Morning Dew. It’s kinda cool trying to steal their mixolydian guitar stuff a bit

I was stationed in Yorktown, VA at the end of my USCG career and I had just gotten divorced and said I would stay here till my kids graduated HS. They graduated one and two years ago Met my current wife and started landing jobs right before I retired from the USCG.My father in law passed away a few months back and he left a fully paid off house to my wife and her 2 brothers. All of them are where they want to be and do not want to move. Since I have a military retirement we are going to move into the house at the end of the year. So no house payment and my wife wants to be kind of close to the rest of her family. Plus I could never afford to move back to the West Coast.

Loved Santa Rosa when I lived there. I was stationed in Petaluma at the time. F-Napa those snooty t-urds.

Estimated Prophet is my favorite Dead tune.

My time coming any day

Don't worry about me no

Archived