Gibson Brands Forums

CAR SHOWS

Californiaman

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do trucks count too in this thread? Not too much chrome here but it still hauls some butt. This is my 1996 Ford F-150. Original block bored .030 over with a 331 Scat stroker assembly, ported and polished gt40 heads, true dual long tube headers, fuel injected, 512 lift roller cam, smog pump and cats deleted, 3:55 posi rear end. Everything works on it, cruise, AC, power windows, etc. I drive it pretty regular. Repainted to original factory color. I thought about making it into a show truck but I kind of like the way it is now. She will get up and go for a truck.

7Nr2Mi2.jpg

Do trucks count too in this thread? Not too much chrome here but it still hauls some butt. This is my 1996 Ford F-150. Original block bored .030 over with a 331 Scat stroker assembly, ported and polished gt40 heads, true dual long tube headers, fuel injected, 512 lift roller cam, smog pump and cats deleted, 3:55 posi rear end. Everything works on it, cruise, AC, power windows, etc. I drive it pretty regular. Repainted to original factory color. I thought about making it into a show truck but I kind of like the way it is now. She will get up and go for a truck.

7Nr2Mi2.jpg

Oh yeah.

Nice Truck.

Thanks Marky, I haven't seen that one before, I think I'll get it.

If your ever in the U.K it's well worth going for a guided tour of the factory, the last time that I was there I was watching one of the guy's cutting a section off the wing of a £130000 car without even measuring it, He just looked at it and started cutting!

Ian

Thanks Marky, I haven't seen that one before, I think I'll get it.

If your ever in the U.K it's well worth going for a guided tour of the factory, the last time that I was there I was watching one of the guy's cutting a section off the wing of a £130000 car without even measuring it, He just looked at it and started cutting!

Ian

Now that's impressive. Talk about hand-made. Amazing! I would love to tour the factory. Maybe someday; one never knows.

• 6 months later...

We just got back from from a car show. It was a beautiful, sunny day and 82°/28°. Turns out that there were approximately 300 cars in the show. There was only one exotic car, a Lotus, and the rest were American muscle with a few wild customs thrown in. Oh yeah, and two rat rods. I took a bunch of pictures but I'll post only three that I took of my next door neighbors truck. The truck only weighs 1,800 pounds and, believe me, it flies. He stashed the battery in the chrome keg on the bed and he did all the work 100% by himself 7fy771T.jpg5wPweSJ.jpg5HTuSiM.jpg

Very nice truck. I don't see plates on it, Too nice to drive on the streets? Some show cars are just that, Just Show Cars.

Here in Arizona it's required to only have a plate on the rear. It's not visible in the picture but he has one. He drives it on the streets and I got a few rides in it. It's very quick.

That really is a stunning piece of work by your neighbour, Marky. Very impressive craftsmanship on his behalf.

Nice snaps, too!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Thanks Pip. I'll pass your compliment along to my neighbor. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. He's a recently retired Project Manager for a large construction company. He has been in construction, metal fabrication and carpentry his whole life so now it's his time to have some fun!

I got a little lucky with the pictures. It was so sunny that I could barely see my phone.

Love the muscle in the first few posts, and would agree the blue 442 with the white rag top is best in show. Gotta love some of those little sporty cars on the other side of the pond, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side. [scared]

Down here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains there are a lot of descendants of moonshine runners so we have many cruise-ins and hot rod shows locally. Here is my vintage ride:

EfgiZAd.jpg

'66 Chevelle Super Sport fully restored with Big Block 396 cu.in., 4 speed Muncie, 12 bolt posi-traction rear end.

ZPHa6Qr.jpg

F9EjXvr.jpg

It is for sale (everything is for the right price) so let me know if any of you are interested. [thumbup]

nRFF7Al.jpg

Love the muscle in the first few posts, and would agree the blue 442 with the white rag top is best in show. Gotta love some of those little sporty cars on the other side of the pond, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side. [scared]

Down here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains there are a lot of descendants of moonshine runners so we have many cruise-ins and hot rod shows locally. Here is my vintage ride: '66 Chevelle Super Sport fully restored with Big Block 396 cu.in., 4 speed Muncie, 12 bolt posi-traction rear end.

Your car is amazing. It's my favorite year, model, engine and color Chevelle ever made. It brings me back to my youth when my best friend had one exactly like it. If I only had the money... Congratulations on having such a fine vintage car. msp_thumbup.gif

Archived