Gibson Brands Forums

Hey AXE, Neo, Thunder, Rich, ect.....

Murph

I'm an old gigger, whatever. Not that old....... (shutup)

Anyhow, what's your opinion on my old SM58 hangin' off the Boogie?

<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's the way I've always done it, but I have a pimple faced sound kid tellin' me I need to change my ways.

Can I just kill him?

Or what?

Murph.

Killing is fine ...

Omni directional and works fine like that ...

Less hardware to carry around also ...

So....

What you're saying is......

No body........

No murder..........

Correct?

Murph.....](*,)

Exactly...

I didn't see a thing...[-(

I swear ...

I hope all you Narcs understand this.

Serious Business.

This is a forum about guitars.

Whatever happened to that Little Eyeball Dude?

Hang on, I'm gonna go get a beer.........................

Pssshhhhh

Murph.

Hey uh Murph...

ya' got a problem that needs fixed?

I know the right guy for the job.

He's obtainable at a relatively low rate of interest and a nominal service charge.

"I've never met you, ever, in my life....... I can swear to that, on a stack of Bibles."

Murph.

I'm an old gigger' date=' whatever. Not that old....... (shutup)

<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's the way I've always done it, but I have a pimple faced sound kid tellin' me I need to change my ways.

Can I just kill him?

Or what?

Murph.[/quote']

That's not an uncommon technique and if you like the way it sounds, stick with it; I usually angle guitar amp mics so it's not like they're pointing directly at the speaker anyway. The way I work, if it sounds good it IS good.

That's not an uncommon technique and if you like the way it sounds' date=' stick with it; I usually angle guitar amp mics so it's not like they're pointing directly at the speaker anyway. The way I work, if it sounds good it IS good.

[/quote']

How DO you get all that sexy in one place ???

That's not an uncommon technique and if you like the way it sounds' date=' stick with it; I usually angle guitar amp mics so it's not like they're pointing directly at the speaker anyway. The way I work, if it sounds good it IS good.

[/quote']

Thanks Rich. It's barely going through the board anyhow. I play little 150/300 seat clubs. I'm an old weekend warrior, but hey, I'll probably do 50 Sat. nights this year......

Thanks to all, and.................

Best of luck.......

Murph.

Murph' date=' have drink then go to the back yard a squeeze off a few. You'll be in a better mood.

[/quote']

Can I quote you there, Homz?

Your spelling, and knowledge, is always so respected here.

Murph.

Can I quote you there' date=' Homz?

Your spelling, and knowledge, is always so respected here.

Murph.[/quote']

Quote away Murph. I've had a few drinks too.

I have made the assumption you've had a few, perhaps it's just your normal way for a Friday night. If so my advice is start drinking.

I'm an old gigger' date=' whatever. Not that old....... (shutup)

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Can I just kill him?

Or what?

Murph.[/quote']

You just gotta love those kids that want to do everything by the book so that we all sound the same and they have to do effectively nothing. Just shoot the damn thing in the head...

If you want to really make it fun, tell him he can have it his way and place the mic as he wants to... once he gets to it, kick him in the head at will.

Really... if that's the way you have used it for some time and it gives you the desired results, there's no one who can tell you to do otherwise.

Hmmmm....

If you wanna split hairs, I think the SM-57 is more suited to what you're doing.

:-)

Look at the Shure site, if I recall they have extensive how-to stuff on there for aiming, positioning, etc.....

Probaly where the sh!t-head kid got his "knowledge" before he decided to correct you.

Does it work?

Especially at moderate volumes, I see no problem with it.

No way the mic will see enough travel/excursion to be damaged.

Rock on Dude!

I don't want anyone think I'm running from the good fight, but since I haven't slept in about 25 hours and probably wont until I get back from laser tag with the kids this morning, I probably wont be here after for most of Saturday.

Miking your amp that way is fine... Might be a little better in a stand facing the amp head on but not by much... I just noticed Neo is back.... Welcome back Neo' date=' when did that happen? I'm no vacation and haven't been stopping by as much...[/quote']

Dave where you been?

Archived