Gibson Brands Forums

Same as sals ?

blindboygrunt

The guitar sounds lovelly, but god she is awful to listen to.  This current hipster trend for tiny, thin high pitch vocals is frankly .... disturbing. This lady is a whole lotta  rosie, she should use her natural assets better, let those pipes blow and put some depth that voice.

Edited by EuroAussie
  • Like 1

I closed my eyes when she was singing  and thought it was Sal.  EA - I kind of like this singing, reminds me a bit of Edie Brickell, but probably only so much of it - it would have to be mixed up a bit for variety's sake for anything more than a couple songs.  

Edited by billroy

BBG it might be a modern CW, an old one, or even a Sheryl Crow?

CLues to me say its older.  The golden hue to the top... the unbleached bone saddle... not a fresh modern one. But of course this might be some sort of 2000 something Sheryl Crow where she changed out the tusq.

Sweet warm sound that strum. All Bird.

Edited by ThemisSal

To me that guitar both looks and sounds great! Although I can appreciate the difficulty and skill it takes to write and perform the tune in the link above, that particular one did not speak to me. However, I found Steve Earle doing Guy Clark's LA Freeway on the same website, which was awesome! 

By the way, I really think it is a wonderful thing that performances like these, simple, raw and honest, can be produced and made available relatively easily to the world in these modern times. Internet tech really is wonderful in that sense.

Lars

Nothing wrong with the  girl - she just ain't Sheryl and the song isn't a world wide hit. 
For what it's worth the guitar isn't Sal's either - but it sure is a square shouldered Gibson. Same as the Bird, only with a thinner pick-guard. The few I tried sounded rougher though. 
.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  
Yea EA, we've seen that film a couple of times and if it wasn't for the fact that I always speak the truth, I would claim that my Board-name was chosen after the E-minor at 2:58.  One of the guiding sounds when my quest for squares began for sure.  

That so sad-hook btw, , , always wondered from where the echo came - is it Visions of Johanna. . 

A shop near Melbourne city has this:

Gibson - Sheryl Crow Signature Model

Made in USA. 2005. Signature Artist series. A painstaking recreation of Crow's Gibson Country Western. Production number 1099. Fitted with an L.R. Baggs Element Active Acoustic Pickup System. w/ OHSC

More from Gibson

$3,500.00 
Enquire

IMG_9524-MSS%2067129.jpg

They also have a 1960 Hummingbird! (Bit pricey but...)

Gibson - Hummingbird

Made in Kalamazoo USA1960 in the first year of production. Incredible mellow sound. Incredible low action. A very smooth instrument. Excellent condition for age. Some cosmetic wear from use but no damage. Original adjustable ceramic saddle. Non destructive Schatten pickup installed. Gold Gibson Kluson tuners. w/ hard case

More from Gibson

$12,500.00 
Enquire

IMG_9845-MSS%2068097.jpg

BluesKing777.

17 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  
Yea EA, we've seen that film a couple of times and if it wasn't for the fact that I always speak the truth, I would claim that my Board-name was chosen after the E-minor at 2:58.  One of the guiding sounds when my quest for squares began for sure.  

That so sad-hook btw, , , always wondered from where the echo came - is it Visions of Johanna. . 

Ah yes ... that low E 'thump' !