Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Center Rose Gold SG

Bradillac

I bought one of these on Nov. 30 at GC in Sacramento.  Originally, I had ordered a White SG Standard Gold Edition at the Modesto GC a week prior that was on the GC website, but I had to cancel the order due to the Guitar being in North Dallas with a broken headstock.   I happened to be in Sacramento at the GC thinking I would purchase a 2019 61 Reissue in the traditional Heritage Cherry, but then I saw this guitar on their display.  There was no tag and their computer did not have any specs on this guitar.   At first I am thinking this guitar is pink, but after looking at some other pink guitars in the store, I could see that Rose Gold is the proper way to describe this SG.   The cream pick guard and gold accents really enhance the look of this guitar-giving it a vintage look (at least in my eyes).  I like the Heritage Cherry color, but I see so many of these around and the fact that this color is a limited run, I chose to purchase this SG.  

I see this model is now listed on the GC Website.  It seems like  a good value for the price, especially since it comes with the metal, heavy-duty, form-fitting case.  

Sorry if I am rambling...I am new to this forum!  Thanks for listening!

• Like 3

That is purty!

my question is, if Gibson can put that out that upgraded SG Standard (which is a modern version) for $1599, with the HP titanium steel case, why in the world couldn't they included the standard brown tolex case with the regular SG Standard for the $1499 that they are asked for it with the padded soft case??    This makes NO sense whts so ever!  realcrazy.gif

We all asked why not just charge a few more buck and include the hard case.   Better yet, why not charge $1599 for Modern SG Standard and included that steel case.  It still cheaper for them than the rose colored SG Standard package above.

Think about it, the Rose Gold SG Standard is the same exact model as the Modern SG Standard except for paint color, white plastics, gold plated tuners and top tail bolts, all of which actually actually add to cost over the regular SG Standard.

This is just plain crazy!   Gibson has lost it... well me from buying any new SG Standards anyways, lol

If the brown tolex hard cases come back to the basic SG Standard, I will buy again.   I would have bought the 2019/Modern SG Standard in cherry and one of CME special builds they sell for my collection  if they would have included that factory brown hard case 🙂 

Edited by arcticsg
  • Like 1

ArticSg.... I think with these holiday special editions they add a little extra bonus thus the metal case. I think the standard should come with a case at what price it is. 

What I found interesting is that guitar center separated the cost of the case and guitar in the final sales receipt. I think the case was listed as 499? With the 15% discount they gave me... it’s nearly half the price of the guitar.  That metal case is very nice but heavy for such a thin and light guitar.

4 hours ago, Bradillac said:

ArticSg.... I think with these holiday special editions they add a little extra bonus thus the metal case. I think the standard should come with a case at what price it is. 

What I found interesting is that guitar center separated the cost of the case and guitar in the final sales receipt. I think the case was listed as 499? With the 15% discount they gave me... it’s nearly half the price of the guitar.  That metal case is very nice but heavy for such a thin and light guitar.

You're right about that.  Those HP cases are heavy, and they sure do dent/scratch easily.