Gibson Brands Forums

The Lespaul-o-caster

btoth76

Hello! 

It's been a while since I posted here... 

A recent addition to my collection is this '18 Deluxe Player Plus, I have modded with a Fender Texas Special pickup at the bridge. Blasphemous, but sounds brilliant.i-4GLvgX7-X3.jpg

Bence.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FemmeParallell said:

i wasnt expecting that sound! sounds awesome, thought it would be thin, but nothing like that

Really liked it, guitar looks beautiful in the video 😎

Weirdly, it still sounds more like a Les Paul than the donor Stratocaster... ("tonewoods do not exist" - some say...)

I like it's satin look too. It feels somewhat better than a gloss-finished Les Paul.

Bence.

Edited by btoth76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, duane v said:

Doesn’t sound like strat to me.... But great playing  and a nice looking axe. 

Thanks Duane!

Funny isn’t it? That pickup came out from my ‘13 Am Special Strat, and sounds completely different in the Les Paul. Some say, the sound comes from pickups alone... they are wrong.

Bence.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G Mac said:

Nice to see you back, Bence! Cool sounding guitar! What's it sound like clean? Happy New Year!

Hello G Mac.

Thank You, and Happy New Year to You too!

To be honest, I rarely play clean, so I don't have records of that. Mostly, I play through a Tube Screamer, or via a Plexi emulation with Bottom Booster.

Bence.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:39 AM, btoth76 said:

Tributes are great! I have a first year (2010) 50s Tribute. It's such a great-sounding guitar.

Bence.

Yes! i used to have a 2013 50's tribute in vintage sunburst, had a very dark sound, i sold it because neck was big for my hands and i wanted to upgrade. But  i wont be selling my tribute!

Edited by FemmeParallell
fix typo
  • Like 1