Gibson Brands Forums

People Get Ready - Gibson 1951 LG-2 cover

flatbaroque

Gday folks. Been a while. These strange days and Sal's request prompted me to post. Hope you are all well. Mostly uking these days...but here's some six strings. And if board the train to freedom....remember to sit at least a metre from your fellow passengers. Not sure I remember how to embed...here's trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrc_W_4ohk

Edited by flatbaroque
  • Like 1

Ha Cheers Mr E.I still lurk and enjoy your silver tongue ...so to speak 🙂 . Not a new guitar, I mostly used to play my J-45 here but sometime the LG-2. I must confess the strings must be 5 years old. The low E is like a drunken sailor's bow line. But the other 5 sound ok.

• Like 1

Dave, Anne , Bill and Murph...great to hear from ya's.! 

Bill I'm on a uke forum that has a weekly themed song posting challenge. All genres of music. Its been a great way to learn new songs and artists. Normal uke is like guitat capoed on 5. Baritone uke same as top 4 guitar strings. DGBE. Between the 2 sizes you can play anything.

Hi Flatty- good of you to swing by- with your having more than 370 videos posted up at YouTube, figured you must be busy elsewhere. 'Still enjoy the natural room sounds on your recordings. . . and appreciate the capo5 info for those of us who have fallen in with a bad uke crowd. Did so last week, before the place got closed before the impending health emergency. Easy enough to fake it with the concert uke when amongst guitars, but with serious ukers, a different story. Stay well.