Gibson Brands Forums

Roger Waters COVID sessions

Rabs

I had an idea to make an album of all the songs we did as encores on the US and Them tour.

We did "Mother" first.

Had to do it remotely because of Covid 19.

"Two Suns in The Sunset" is #2.

• Like 1

In August 2017 Roger Waters played the 2nd Best concert I have ever seen! The best was Zeppelin @ Madison Square Garden 40 years earlier in 1977...it was close, but Zeppelin was better ! Waters & Co did not need Dave Gilmour either, they were GREAT w/out him !

RW's Tour was supposed to go on this Summer too, anyone wanna buy my TIX ? LOL !

Edited by GARY MARSHALL

BTW, is RW using a frikkin 'SNARK' POS Tuner in the 1st Video.....? Sure looks like one...and they are POS !

The two chicks that sing back-up for RW really did well the entire show but especially on 'Great Gig in the Sky', ICFB how good they were !Put their own stamp on that song !

6 hours ago, GARY MARSHALL said:

BTW, is RW using a frikkin 'SNARK' POS Tuner in the 1st Video.....? Sure looks like one...and they are POS !

The two chicks that sing back-up for RW really did well the entire show but especially on 'Great Gig in the Sky', ICFB how good they were !Put their own stamp on that song !

On the Pro's tour. The 1st half was all Floyd. 2nd half was the entire Pro's album. Then an encore of I think Brain Damage and Eclipse.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, GARY MARSHALL said:

I've used a couple for years. Never had any problems with them.  

1 hour ago, Filbert said:

I just wish I could warm to Roger Waters as a person as much as I admire and love his music.

He's an old bitter man. He trys to portray he's a social justice warrior, but nope. I guess if my father was killed in WW2 I'd be bitter too. Floyd was nothing without me. Wrong Rog. David did just fine.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Can't remember the year but he did the Wall tour to Omaha Ne. and it was awesome. We went to it for our Anniversary present to each other. Seemed like it might have beed 2010? It was a wile back. Best concert I've ever been to. Paul McCartney with Linda was the 2nd best. 

On 6/22/2020 at 9:04 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

On the Pro's tour. The 1st half was all Floyd. 2nd half was the entire Pro's album. Then an encore of I think Brain Damage and Eclipse.

yep, I saw him on that tour at the Spectrum in Philly. great show. a week later I saw Gilmour at the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby Pa. for the "About Face" drastically different productions, both equally great. 

21 minutes ago, Karloff said:

yep, I saw him on that tour at the Spectrum in Philly. great show. a week later I saw Gilmour at the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby Pa. for the "About Face" drastically different productions, both equally great. 

I saw About Face too. In Berkeley I believe.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:04 AM, brad1 said:

I've used a couple for years. Never had any problems with them.  

Right, but try a strobe tuner(Petersen has one for $85). U will C then how far off you have been all along....DGMW, SNARKS are good or checking tuning on-stage.......but for intonation and initial set-up's ? No, you need a Strobe., or really good pair of ears. Only tuner I have ever seen that is not a Strobe but is still spot-on and good enough for Intonation etc is the TC Electronics UNI-TUNE.

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw About Face too. In Berkeley I believe.

'ABOUT FACE' was a Good show, DG had Mick Ralphs as a Back-Up player...not bad company !

But the 2017 Roger Waters 'Us and Them' Tour was just  MASSIVE.......From Dark Side to Wish U, Animals, Wall ,Careful W/That Axe and a few others (what God Wants etc) best show I'd seen in 40 years....I have tix for a RW's show next month (July, 2020)BUT the Tour  is either cancelled or postponed to  a later date.

IDK if they will be honoured when the show is finally allowed to happen or refund is due to me.....but this COVID crap is really screwin things up.  I was really lookin forward to "This is not a Test" Tour and hope it can happen asap.

I liked Roger Waters best when he was with David Gilmore...  and vice versa.  They're both good - IMO they were better together.  Saw Pink Floyd at the Patriots Football stadium in 86/87...  that was a memorable show - not sure if it was best, but it was up there.

Giant Pig flying across the stadium...  and everyone else saw it that time - what's not to love.

38 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

Good stuff Rabs.

Might be the only way to see that generation from now on - way things are, who knows how many have played their last live venue?

Too true man. I hope not though. Hopefully they will come up with a vaccine and things can one day get back to normalish....

And yeah, cool versions of the songs.. The backing singers are great...

1 hour ago, Rabs said:

Too true man. I hope not though. Hopefully they will come up with a vaccine and things can one day get back to normalish....

And yeah, cool versions of the songs.. The backing singers are great...

We are the baby boomers and the more we get up there, the more them.  It's a blessing we have their music recorded so we can always listen to it.  

• Like 1