Gibson Brands Forums

Early Morning Rain

MorrisrownSal

Damn nice, Sal!  If  Lightfoot heard this, he’d also approve.  This song is a sweet walk down memory lane.   Folk music (especially when written by someone like Gordon) is great at showing real human emotions.  Reminds me of a girlfriend back in the 60’s.  We’d dated about 3 months when she and her family flew to California for a vacation.  ShE never came back!....lol....All I got was a postcard telling me  to have a good life....so I did.  Good music, bud!  I admire how you keep going.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 8:25 PM, MissouriPicker said:

Damn nice, Sal!  If  Lightfoot heard this, he’d also approve.  This song is a sweet walk down memory lane.   Folk music (especially when written by someone like Gordon) is great at showing real human emotions.  Reminds me of a girlfriend back in the 60’s.  We’d dated about 3 months when she and her family flew to California for a vacation.  ShE never came back!....lol....All I got was a postcard telling me  to have a good life....so I did.  Good music, bud!  I admire how you keep going.

I think part of what makes a song like this a classic - is the fact that it touches us.   An experience we can all identify with in one way or another. And it dredges up some of those old feelings. I bet most of us here have had a similar story.  Or two...