Gibson Brands Forums

Forgive me, for I haved sinned against you.

TheLiveSoundGuy

I beg my fellow forum members for forgiveness. I have sinned. I have committed the ultimate sacraledge.

Those you know me on this forum, know that I recently traded my 93 Les Paul for a 93 C.F. Martin D-16H.

It's an extremely light, beat up hog backed, little guitar, with herringbone rosette, and tortoise binding.

It has two small cracks (for now, but not for long, Thanks ksdaddy) in both the top and bottom sides of the guitar, from where it had been knocked around by it's previous owner. It's been well traveled, and well played.

Dare I say it? I dare.

IT MAY JUST SOUND BETTER THAN MY 07 HUMMINGBIRD AND 07 MY C.F. MARTIN HD-28V!

There I said it. I feel better now. I hate myself, but I feel better.

Let the public shame and humiliation begin. Don't hold back. let me have it. I deserve it.

Well, I hope you don't fly off a cliff with that guitar on a Greyhound bus, because that would be a real shame for the other passengers.

Always follow your ears, not your conscience. If you are happy with the new guitar, then so be it: Get a membership to the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forums!

<Honky crosses his two index fingers in the sign of the cross. "Be gone demons. Back to black bowels of hell from whence ye came!">

There you go, buddy. That D-16 is cleansed and you can play it without sin or guilt.

Hey LiveSoundGuy, now I don't feel so bad:) Just sold my Ebony J45 Reissue and ordered the Martin M21 Steve Earle Signature Model last week. I was plagued with insurmountable guilt and after much wailing and gnashing of the teeth I came to the conclusion that I did the right thing. When I picked up that M21 I fell in love, instantly. Steve Earle definitely knows how to design a guitar.

No, didn't buy it because it is signed and designed by Mr. Earle, although I am a big fan and I do consider him to be one of the very best songwriters in America today. And, I would stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and tell him so:)

I beg my fellow forum members for forgiveness. I have sinned. I have committed the ultimate sacraledge.

Those you know me on this forum' date=' know that I recently traded my 93 Les Paul for a 93 C.F. Martin D-16H.

It's an extremely light, beat up hog backed, little guitar, with herringbone rosette, and tortoise binding.

It has two small cracks (for now, but not for long, Thanks ksdaddy) in both the top and bottom sides of the guitar, from where it had been knocked around by it's previous owner. It's been well traveled, and well played.

Dare I say it? I dare.

IT MAY JUST SOUND BETTER THAN MY 07 HUMMINGBIRD AND 07 MY C.F. MARTIN HD-28V!

There I said it. I feel better now. I hate myself, but I feel better.

Let the public shame and humiliation begin. Don't hold back. let me have it. I deserve it.

Probably should have read >KSDADDY's thread< before trading it off.

Guitars are like Women each has there own charm warmth and beauty! Each brings something new to your life.

suburude

In my experience, women are very unlike guitars.

I tried to lemoil Mrs AJ's neck the other day..........................didn't go well!

In my experience' date=' women are very unlike guitars.

I tried to lemoil Mrs AJ's neck the other day..........................didn't go well![/quote']

Yes strange you should say that!

I spent Saturday pouring wine into my SWD, even lit a candle!

that didn't work either I still made it sound like a hyena with an enema!

suburude63 why did you have to make that comparison?

Archived