Gibson Brands Forums

I Say...............

Murph

Im sorry murph but no...Why? Cause the les paul has a better look. I mean i love the SG and everything but for soild body most ppl would go for les paul. Even though i would rather buy an sg then a les paul.

SG all the way! I like LPs and all, but frankly, they look too tame. Les Pauls have that really regal look, with all the binding and the trimmings, but I love the SG cuz of how stripped down and basically gorgeous it looks. BAD-***!

The SG has all the sexy curves of a woman (whilst the 'Paul is a woman with a preggo-tummy), and a hint of evil. =D>

Not to say I have standards which would prohibit me from appreciating a chick with a belly or anything. We all know I likes 'em big AND small. :)

H-Bomb

Im sorry murph but no...Why? Cause the les paul has a better look. I mean i love the SG and everything but for soild body most ppl would go for les paul. Even though i would rather buy an sg then a les paul.

I think it's kinda debatable whether or not the Les Paul is even a solid body anymore...

Well, it depends on the SG. If it's an original 60's,'61 re-issue, or VOS,or VOS Custom, I'd say It's is equally as beautiful as a vintage Stratocaster (I have both) But if it's a 70's or 80's SG, or one of the new re-issues (Faded,Standard,'61) You can have it!

As a solid body guitar' date=' the SG is the best looking.

Period.

Wanna fight?

Murph.[/quote']

+10000000000000

Nothing beats 'em. But, although I weight only about 129 pounds, I'm pretty feisty and I want to fight you (JUST kidding, I don't need broken bones and I have no reason to want to fight you, although I'll have to be at the university in about an hour to join my fellow students to protest at a professor's office, so if he pushes too hard I might give him a souvenir).

The SG has all the sexy curves of a woman (whilst the 'Paul is a woman with a preggo-tummy)' date=' and a hint of evil. [-o<

Not to say I have standards which would prohibit me from appreciating a chick with a belly or anything. We all know I likes 'em big AND small. =P~

H-Bomb[/quote]

1) LOL @ the preggo-tummy thing

2) [-o< @ the sexy curves of a woman and the SG...[-o<

Man it's all about the minimoog.. Thing is way better than an SG...

:-$

Those minimoogs in walnut....I'm melting into the carpet just thinking about it...... the 24db ladder filters, the ripe bass, the resonant leads, the portamento........it's all too much.............

IMHO SG's are the best looking guitars. LP's are beautiful but I tend to associate them with rich kids and country pickers. Second best looking guitar, also IMHO, would be a nice sunburst Strat with maple neck.

Just something about the simple slab with the beveled horns, makes the SG irresistible.

Archived