Gibson Brands Forums

Martin CEO7 > K&K > Tonedexter = Blues!!!!! .....Warning: Martin Content!

BluesKing777

Nice. How dare you post something Martin related on a Gibson forum. Don't you know its my job to take s-hit off forum members and deflect the heat off the other guys for being the jack-a-ss Martin guy here.

I can't remember if I have ever played on of those. 

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice. How dare you post something Martin related on a Gibson forum. Don't you know its my job to take s-hit off forum members and deflect the heat off the other guys for being the jack-a-ss Martin guy here.

I can't remember if I have ever played on of those. 

BK can post what he wants because he puts his money where his mouth is when it comes to playing. His playing speaks for itself, whether it's on a Gibson, Martin, Cargill or (gasp) Maton..

2 hours ago, j45nick said:

BK can post what he wants because he puts his money where his mouth is when it comes to playing. His playing speaks for itself, whether it's on a Gibson, Martin, Cargill or (gasp) Maton..

You guys don't understand humor do you. 

Thanks!

My Martin CEO7 is a great fingerpicker! AND it had a great setup fairly recently, but most importantly for this recording - it had a K&K Trinity system installed when getting the setup.

So, yesterday - I finished work, had 3 or 4 different RSIs (computer related Repetitive Strain Injuries), took the dog to the riverbank to throw the ball a few times, came home, made coffee. Over the back fence and one along a pool is being dug, I think, tractors and of course, loud radio...on the other side the kids are playing gangster rap flat out window shaking volume through their home stereo - and at home, the Better Half is ensconced in the exact middle of the house doing work meetings on her laptop all day, all week...

So we take the coffee to the music room feeling a  bit unsure of what I was going to do...grabbed the CEO7, plugged in to the Tonedexter and mixer, grabbed the headphones and played for an hour just like that, experimenting with the sounds a bit. Then I thought - "This is sounding good, I will record it!"

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

14 minutes ago, jedzep said:

Play before buy, JZ - if you like the neck of your 00-18, you will NOT like the Mod V.

That said, the Mod V on my CEO7 is slightly smaller than the supposedly same neck on my Martin EC! By intent, no idea?

P.S. read some history too - mine is Honduran mahogany from the first flush but the guitars kept selling and they swapped to different mahoganies..Sipo and Sapele and...one with a K.....

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

Where I live we don't play before we buy. We put it back on the truck after a couple days, especially with Guitar Center, which just sends a return label for easy refund.

Got two 30's L00s and the 0018. Somehow, I think I have that tone territory covered.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Martin/CEO7-Acoustic-Guitar-116823825.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-aGCBhCwARIsAHDl5x8aICjSLtQnBqVVDG3Hkb7mgKwidUAri2MtZK712Y1mLiRDlv0u4rkaAp1OEALw_wcB
My deep well pump died yesterday. 1800 bucks to replace. All I can afford right now is a couple new Red Bear picks.
PpZTc4o.jpg

Edited by jedzep

1 hour ago, jedzep said:

Where I live we don't play before we buy. We put it back on the truck after a couple days, especially with Guitar Center, which just sends a return label for easy refund.

Got two 30's L00s and the 0018. Somehow, I think I have that tone territory covered.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Martin/CEO7-Acoustic-Guitar-116823825.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-aGCBhCwARIsAHDl5x8aICjSLtQnBqVVDG3Hkb7mgKwidUAri2MtZK712Y1mLiRDlv0u4rkaAp1OEALw_wcB
My deep well pump died yesterday. 1800 bucks to replace. All I can afford right now is a couple new Red Bear picks.
PpZTc4o.jpg

They won't send you the good stuff, just the wobbly necks! You got to get in there and kick and scratch for the good one! And sometimes you need to be there as it comes in!

Bad luck with the pump...

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

Found it!

The moderator on UMFG, Buck has the serial numbers and the one where martin  (quietly) started using Sipo on the CEO7s instead of Honduran Mahogany!

S/N 1858139, if you are interested. Honduran looks like...mahogany, but Sipo is a bit stripey, Sapele stripey as well. My mahogany is absolutely beautiful but you can take my word for it because the glossy back makes it tricky to catch it on camera.

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

1 hour ago, rbpicker said:

Wow, that really sounds great...and your playing is superb.

thanks for sharing this.

roger

Thanks RB!

For those interested in the why and how of the guitar playing, it is improvising around and within a basic form - lead guitar with chords added but fingerpicked - I can play it all afternoon but don't ask me to do that one exactly the same again......😁

If you want some tips for the playing style, perhaps look at David Hamburger acoustic blues.....but it may not be 'instant':

https://www.fretboardconfidential.com/

BluesKing777.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, j45nick said:

Ha!

Ain’t I any good on my Nationals, Waterloos, Lowdens, Dobro?.......

I should be quiet or I could get rolled - the local guitar shop is empty. I never thought I would see the day when I had better guitars than this wonderful acoustic guitar shop...😀

BluesKing777.

2 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

Ha!

Ain’t I any good on my Nationals, Waterloos, Lowdens, Dobro?.......

I should be quiet or I could get rolled - the local guitar shop is empty. I never thought I would see the day when I had better guitars than this wonderful acoustic guitar shop...😀

BluesKing777.

BK, you've got too many guitars for me to keep track of.

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

...some really don't...  😏

I know that is why I'm here. And I just don't like the UMGF. I've been here since '12 or so. I can take the heat even though myself and other members have been told we were not invited to the party like its THEIR forum. As I've stated I have been a Gibson owner about 20 times over and can provide a list of the stuff I own if asked.

27 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know that is why I'm here. And I just don't like the UMGF. I've been here since '12 or so. I can take the heat even though myself and other members have been told we were not invited to the party like its THEIR forum. As I've stated I have been a Gibson owner about 20 times over and can provide a list of the stuff I own if asked.

well  it is still one of the better forums like this on the internet.  I like the AGF too, that is tightly moderated,  there's a "no shenanigans" rule they stick pretty much to all the time.

it keeps the natives from getting restless.

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

well  it is still one of the better forums like this on the internet.  I like the AGF too, that is tightly moderated,  there's a "no shenanigans" rule they stick pretty much to all the time.

it keeps the natives from getting restless.

I got on a few times and never became a member. No matter what words are said they are just words and at last check even the bad ones when said ever killer anyone that I know of.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

One element of the UMGF you have to appreciate is the constant participation by working, qualified luthiers and builders, who generously offer detailed help with repair and setup issues, something I don't see here.  I find it to be a great resource. Other than that, it contains the same banter we get here.

I like all the different opinions on the different forums, but it does do your head in!

Nothing to do with guitars but I live between what I call Shark Bay and Snake Mountain.......where years back, the opinion was to 'kill everything before it gits ya' but recently is to 'let them all sort themselves out'....and I saw yesterday a 'Shark Alert' on a local emergency services app (handy to look up before you venture out on the roads sometimes)........ So there have been 3 dead whales wash up recently on the coast in widely distant parts of my state.

Number one landed on a bit of prime real estate, akin to a bit of Beverly Hills on the ocean. The dead whale got dragged in, chopped up and hauled away within minutes....can't have the golden beach affected.

Number two landed on the shore of the area where the town council has been charged with all kinds of things and removed after charging rates and taxes on land that has been declared 'flood zone' and the hordes that bought the land can't build holiday houses on it! Huge fuss. Whale got left on the beach to rot away to bones and attract sharks all summer! "'Shark Alert' on the app!

Number Three rolled in yesterday to an area not too far away from me that I love driving past on their coast road! For comparisons, I would say it was "very quietly rich Laurel Canyon-ish on the beach'........

Now they are gathering opinions to see what they will do to the whale...and it is like watching a thread on the guitar forums!😲

Edit: Oh yeah, I meant to mention...the first one was on the TV news and media, huge fuss -  and the other 2...... zip, just the emergency Shark Alert app thing.

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

6 hours ago, jedzep said:

One element of the UMGF you have to appreciate is the constant participation by working, qualified luthiers and builders, who generously offer detailed help with repair and setup issues, something I don't see here.  I find it to be a great resource. Other than that, it contains the same banter we get here.

Yeah. There was one guy who joined here a month or so ago who said he worked at Gibson other than that its just us in the peanut gallery and your resident PITA me.