Gibson Brands Forums

Selling off gigging gear, but looking for.....

MorrisrownSal

Hey fellas.

Covid, and my gigging buddy just selling his place and beginning his move to Florida,  I just don't see myself looking to find a new duo-mate, gigging etc.

It's too bad, because things are getting better pandemically, and playing in this duo was one of the key things in my recent life that made me happy.

Anyways, I am selling a bunch of stuff (on reverb)... Fishman SA330x, Squier Tele with upgrades, Vox amp etc. I also have mics, cordage, and quite a bit of other miscellaneous stuff. If you have the needs, holler...

But more to the point of this thread. One guitar I really missed, that I sold,  was a Mahogany Top J-45. If anyone sees one for sale, holler pls... Recent years were 2018 I think, although they did them in a few other recent years as well.

2 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

Hey fellas.

Covid, and my gigging buddy just selling his place and beginning his move to Florida,  I just don't see myself looking to find a new duo-mate, gigging etc.

It's too bad, because things are getting better pandemically, and playing in this duo was one of the key things in my recent life that made me happy.

Anyways, I am selling a bunch of stuff (on reverb)... Fishman SA330x, Squier Tele with upgrades, Vox amp etc. I also have mics, cordage, and quite a bit of other miscellaneous stuff. If you have the needs, holler...

But more to the point of this thread. One guitar I really missed, that I sold,  was a Mahogany Top J-45. If anyone sees one for sale, holler pls... Recent years were 2018 I think, although they did them in a few other recent years as well.

Sal, maybe there's a J-50 lurking in your future.......

• Like 1

this thread just reminds us that one thing is sure in life,, nothing lasts forever.

I hear ya sal.  I'm involved in a few things that have been in progress for a long time.  all in cold storage at the moment

I can't see myself switching gears and hooking up w/ppl I don't have a long and deep history with.

All the peeps I work with, I've known since I was a much younger person.

and based on the horror stories I hear from some of my pals that HAVE sought out new configs with new people,  it hasn't worked out all the well at all.

There are people walking among us with some SERIOUS issues..  I'm all set! 

Good luck with the yard sale and hope you find another hog top 45 soon. 

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kwalker201 said:

Sal, you are good enough to take that solo journey on yourself!

I agree with kwalker in going solo ,or ...even more exciting ,try to network and find a new partner .

Use the internet to locate possible players ,and as Covid restrictions lesson ... if you feel safe in doing so ...check out an open mic .

This can be easier said than done but ....who knows, you may enjoy the adventure .

• Like 1

yeah, its bad here in Czech Republic. We have the distinction of having the highest per capita new CV-19 infections rate in Europe .... 6 times higher than the US, around 14,000 new cases daily.  My girlfriends was diagnosed yeterdaay and im going for the test Saturday ... no symptoms whatsover for either of us. Odd how it effects people in different ways.

Anyways ...gigging ,probably not likely till 2022 in this neck of the woods ....

Edited by EuroAussie

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 5:18 AM, Salfromchatham said:

Hey fellas.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1429335440608250/?ref=saved&referral_code=null

I've contacted seller but he seems unwilling to ship. Maybe you know someone close.