Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?

meanstreak

6 hours ago, Michaelcola said:

Finally got mine! Apparently picture is too big to post. But I assure you it is in hand lol 

Congrats, I used imgur to post a pic of mine. 

Edited by Jalex
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, meanstreak said:

Anyone actually opened the little envelope with the Adidas sticker?  

Wondering if it’s a sticker or a vinyl peel-n-stick that you can remove?

Haven't opened mine. I don't plan on sticking it on my guitar. Seems like it's held up well on NG's J-150 though considering all the years and gigs he's had it on there for. 

Edited by Jalex
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 2:19 AM, golfski said:

Curious what these differences are?  I understand the no-binding but outside that it seems to be the same - flamed maple, vintage tuners, etc.  Seems very different from the J-200 studio that are stripped down.  

I ask because I just got a newer SJ-200 (see other thread I started) and have an option to buy one of these NG J-150's and going to be presented with this decision.  I got a discount on the SJ-200 since it was a NOS with some issues, so the SJ-200 is actually cheaper than the J-150 for me.

I agree that the difference here is not very obvious. I'm even afraid to imagine its cost

On 7/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, RJ80 said:

Quick update, I just spoke with someone at Gibson customer service directly who was very helpful. I also spoke with the Reverb seller. 

Gibson rep says after 20+ years at Gibson, he's seen it all. He says a guitar going out without a sound hole label is rare, but it happens. He thinks Gibson probably ran out of the NG specific materials towards the end of the run and just started shipping guitars without them so they aren't piling up in the warehouse. This is also likely the cause of the shipping delays Orchid mentioned earlier.

He said Guitar Center should have made me aware that these items weren't included, but would be sent to me ASAP when they come available. And it would be nice, because I don't want to pay extra for them. So I saved up for a very long time and looked for a variety of christmas loans to afford to buy this guitar. Anyway, he tells me that he'll make sure I receive all three items I'm missing and he verified the serial number of my guitar for the label. He's the first person who's said that with any real confidence, so I'm hopeful. 

Meanwhile, the Reverb seller with the missing items said his guitar came from Sweetwater and his rep there DID alert him to the missing items and that they would arrive in 7-10 days. He's been waiting 7 days, currently. But his guitar does have the all-important sound hole label already.

This makes me feel that GC is either clueless or simply dropped the ball on letting me know about the missing bits. I was implored not to return my guitar as I'll likely never find a replacement at MSRP, which I believe to be true. 

I think you are very happy to hear this news!

Edited by Sheila Cleve

• 6 months later...
12 minutes ago, cunningham26 said:

with the new electrics rolling out, i can't help but think the acoustic would be my top choice in a noel signature guitar. anyone have a long term review of theirs? I've heard wishy-washy things about the quality overall.

No issues with mine. I saw the review Trogly's Guitars Show on YouTube did. He pointed out a few things on the one he got, particularly the edge of the fretboard.

http://youtu.be/9r7EJPUBO0M

Edited by Jalex

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

With the new 10k NG ES-355? 

no with the acoustic- generally the stuff here with rushing it out without labels and also just general QC issues in the last few years outta bozeman. i would hope cesar and agnesi are ensuring the murphy lab quality is pretty airtight as they tout it as a return to form for the brand

1 hour ago, cunningham26 said:

no with the acoustic- generally the stuff here with rushing it out without labels and also just general QC issues in the last few years outta bozeman. i would hope cesar and agnesi are ensuring the murphy lab quality is pretty airtight as they tout it as a return to form for the brand

All I’ve heard about Bozeman from the one here who buy them say Bozeman is making the best acoustic Gibson have ever made.