Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone want to guess a price on the new Noel Gallagher J-150?

meanstreak

35 minutes ago, RJ80 said:

Keep in mind, this guitar in places like Europe and the U.K. is already about $1k more expensive than it is in the U.S.

It's mainly due to VAT being included in Europe. 4300 USD + 20% (VAT) is 5160 USD which works out as 4326 EUR. When you buy stuff in Europe, you pay what the sticker says. Feels a bit more transparent that way 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodenameMAT said:

It's mainly due to VAT being included in Europe. 4300 USD + 20% (VAT) is 5160 USD which works out as 4326 EUR. When you buy stuff in Europe, you pay what the sticker says. Feels a bit more transparent that way 😄 

It's a good point! The highest sales tax in the U.S. is about 10% (I live in one of these high-tax areas, so it cost me just shy of $4,700). So the guitar is still cheaper in the U.S. than most places by a significant margin. Which makes sense as a U.S.-made guitar.

Anyway, the Reverb re-sale is no longer listed, but a google search strangely doesn't turn up the sold page.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CodenameMAT said:

Interesting. You're right, doesn't seem to be any links to it now. I found it via my browser history. Sold for €7,095.65

DANG!  That is a crazy price.  I don't think I could part with mine, but I do understand flipping it for 2x the price, you could get a new J-200 essentially for free with the profits.

I don't understand why people get mad at this, this is how most things in our economy work.   If there are people out there that got access (most likely they tried hard to get it) or that someone is willing to pay the markup because they would rather part with money than their time/energy to try to get it for MSRP.  I have been on both sides of that fence, just depends what matters more to you at that moment, your time or $.

Edited by golfski
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, golfski said:

DANG!  That is a crazy price.  I don't think I could part with mine, but I do understand flipping it for 2x the price, you could get a new J-200 essentially for free with the profits.

I don't understand why people get mad at this, this is how most things in our economy work.   If there are people out there that got access (most likely they tried hard to get it) or that someone is willing to pay the markup because they would rather part with money than their time/energy to try to get it for MSRP.  I have been on both sides of that fence, just depends what matters more to you at that moment, your time or $.

Mine won't be for sale either, but I agree with you. That said, I'm sure there aren't too many more people willing to pay double. 

11 hours ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

It’s gone . I guess either someone purchased it or it was taken down .

JC

It sold. I looked on Reverb and since I looked at it once it was in my recent views and I clicked on it and it said the listing had sold.

Apparently us Americans are not the only greedy Capitalist Dogs.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

If it's a vinyl peel-n-stick that's removable I'll probably go ahead and put it on there.  If it's permanent I will likely hold off lol.  

Pretty sure that's an HD-28 he's on in the video below.  He went through a bit of a Martin kick in the early 2010s just out of Oasis. 

18 minutes ago, meanstreak said:

If it's a vinyl peel-n-stick that's removable I'll probably go ahead and put it on there.  If it's permanent I will likely hold off lol.  

Not Noel, the guy in the unboxing said he just recently bought a Martin and said the Gibson is 10 times better. What is he comparing a $500 Mexican made one against a $4500 guitar? He never tells us what model.

Yeah that one in the Noel video looks like a HD-28. It appears to have herringbone binding.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not Noel, the guy in the unboxing said he just recently bought a Martin and said the Gibson is 10 times better. What is he comparing a $500 Mexican made one against a $4500 guitar? He never tells us what model.

Yeah that one in the Noel video looks like a HD-28. It appears to have herringbone binding.

ah my bad I must have missed that part as I was wiping drool off my face lol.  Ya if the Gibby is 10 times better he must have an X series or something.

2 hours ago, CodenameMAT said:

Which colour?

In other news, I got my Tracking Number for the  NG J-150. Cannot. Effing. Wait! 😄

Ya I've got a Union Jack Supernova as well!  Of course, mine has yellowed pretty good like they all seem to do when they get as old as it is.

Have to admit I had no idea who Noel Gallagher is. After this thread I went & listened to some of his music. I’m impressed! Not in the market for a new guitar of any description, but I get what the excitement is about. Good luck to anyone wanting one of these, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What do the experts think this guitar would cost if Gibson brought it back into production and it’s just a J-150 and Noels name is not on it?

Personally I don’t see why Gibson would bring it back into production , at the time it made a difference because you were still getting maple b/s like the high end model but just less trim and lower wood grade  .Now it seems in order to keep prices down Gibson resorts to Walnut b/s .A  J 150 with Walnut would be a totally different guitar .

If a  J 200 Standard is priced at $4,649

I’m guessing a J 150 in Maple would have to be priced at around $4,000 which compared to the J 200 studio at $3,149 is a big difference.

JC

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

Personally I don’t see why Gibson would bring it back into production , at the time it made a difference because you were still getting maple b/s like the high end model but just less trim and lower wood grade  .Now it seems in order to keep prices down Gibson resorts to Walnut b/s .A  J 150 with Walnut would be a totally different guitar .

If a  J 200 Standard is priced at $4,649

I’m guessing a J 150 in Maple would have to be priced at around $4,000 which compared to the J 200 studio at $3,149 is a big difference.

JC

I know its obvious you guys want to get your hands on them weather Noels name is on it or not. It baffles my mind  why Gibson doesn't take a peak at this forum (and maybe they do) and read what the guys who actually buy their products want. I'm not talking abut the customer dictating the specs that is what the custom shop is for. A J-150 is a model they made and took out of production and now obviously the machines are tooled up again to make them.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know its obvious you guys want to get your hands on them weather Noels name is on it or not. I baffles my mind  why Gibson doesn't take a peak at this forum (and maybe they do) and read what the guys who actually buy their products want. I'm not talking abut the customer dictating the specs that is what the custom shop is for. A J-150 is a model they made and took out of production and now obviously the machines are tooled up again to make them.

I agree with JC. I think it would be priced right in-between a studio and an standard SJ-200. So potential studio buyers would more likely shell out the extra cash for one and SJ-200 buyers would save a few bucks buying essentially the same guitar minus neck/headstock binding. Basically it would take a away sales from those two popular models.  Seems like  it wouldn't make any sense from a business standpoint for Gibson.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jalex said:

I think it would be priced right in-between a studio and an standard SJ-200

I must be misremembering something. A couple of months ago I’m sure I saw an SJ-200 Studio that was, for all intents and purposes, a J-150. I can’t find it on the Gibson site any more. Am I going crazy? 😁

• Like 1