Gibson Brands Forums

Truisms

16 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Ginger and Mary Anne. 

😬

Oh, yeah.  That "Ginger or MARY ANN" thing.  That's all changed now.  Guys in the Millennial days argue;

"Siri or Alexa?"  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

Oh, yeah.  That "Ginger or MARY ANN" thing.  That's all changed now.  Guys in the Millennial days argue;

"Siri or Alexa?"  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

I like Siri AND Alexa.  I just hope they don't find out about each other or I'll be screwed.

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, Mr. Natural said:

But, seriously ... the number one problem facing the world today (in my opinion) is overpopulation (remember Paul Ehrlich, "the population bum"?).  It would probably take at least one or two generations to solve (humanely) the overpopulation problem,  but eventually world hunger would be solved as well.  Maybe.

Kind of reminds me of that essay A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 1:53 AM, sparquelito said:

"Easy. We pass an international law, today, ending  all prohibitions on cannibalism."

I presume we don't repeal the laws for murder & manslaughter.

So the two preconditions to eat someone is:

1/ They are already dead. Roadkill is a no, you cant have motorists fighting over a carcass & the family should have first dibs anyway. No, the police, coroner etc. would have to satisfy the requirements of the law. But this might be good for mortuaries, and a valuable new source of revenue.

2/ They volunteer to be consumed. But they would have to kill themselves without assistance (suicide is legal but assisted suicide is not).

Now that cannibalism is legal, there would be a whole new area of food preparation. Gastronomic innovation would flourish. 

Edited by merciful-evans
felt like it

18 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Now that cannibalism is legal, there would be a whole new area of food preparation. Gastronomic innovation would flourish. 

Exactly. 

We would go from, "What's for supper, Grandma?"   
to
"What's for supper?" 

"Grandma."

😏

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2021 at 12:13 AM, sparquelito said:

Exactly. 

to
"What's for supper?" 

"Grandma."

😏

Reminds me of the stories during the Great Depression about Long Pork and homeless people disappearing off the street.

Then there is DR Frankenfurter saying "Eddie is a tender subject"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 1:13 PM, sparquelito said:

Exactly. 

to
"What's for supper?" 

"Grandma."

😏

A thought-provoking anecdote that raises very sensitive social issues. I am writing several essays about the Great Depression of the early 20th century and the company https://assignmentbro.com/ca/buy-assignment-online with which I have been cooperating for several months and which is always ready to help if I have any problems with writing academic text.

It reminded me, too, of the stories of the Great Depression.

Edited by Mariron
  • Like 1

Truisms?

"Free advice is worth the price". 

The cost of any car repair will always be 25-30% higher than what you can afford.

You will usually feel the need to seriously pass gas when you're somewhere that it wouldn't be advisable. 

Whitefang