Gibson Brands Forums

Just Curious (Gibson Parts)

So, while changing my strings, yesterday, my Toggle Switch Cover split in two and came off.  I immediately went to my local Guitar Center and bought a new Gibson Authentic replacement.  They only had White, the one that broke is Amber.  No big deal, for now, it was only $4,99. and I also went on Sweetwater and reserved an Amber one.  $6.99 at Sweetwater.  My main question is, Why does it show up on this web page (in the All Hardware) as $21.99.  Are they different?  Does Guitar Center and Sweetwater not have real Gibson Authentic Parts, even though they say they are?

https://www.gibson.com/Gear/Hardware

Edited by LPguitarman

40 minutes ago, LPguitarman said:

So, while changing my strings, yesterday, my Toggle Switch Cover split in two and came off.  I immediately went to my local Guitar Center and bought a new Gibson Authentic replacement.  They only had White, the one that broke is Amber.  No big deal, for now, it was only $4,99. and I also went on Sweetwater and reserved an Amber one.  $6.99 at Sweetwater.  My main question is, Why does it show up on this web page (in the All Hardware) as $21.99.  Are they different?  Does Guitar Center and Sweetwater not have real Gibson Authentic Parts, even though they say they are?

https://www.gibson.com/Gear/Hardware

I saw it on the Gibson site you posted at $5.99. I have no idea where your seeing 21 bucks.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Well first of all it's supposed to be a 2-Pack from Gibson so one is half the price or $11.00.  But buying from Gibson you are falling into the "Historic re-issue" trap which always costs more:

Straight from Gibson Guitar's Historic Re-issue guitars come Gibson Gear's new Historic Spec series – parts that have been specially designed to replicate the original parts used by Gibson in the late 1950s. This two-pack of Historic Toggle Switch Caps will help you re-create the look of a vintage Gibson guitar. These genuine caps carry a more vintage-accurate amber color and fit any Les Paul, 335, SG or other classic Gibson electric guitar.

I wish a guitar maker would pay me to write nonsense to sell a piece of plastic.

Our team of Polypropylene Engineers use the legendary Murphy aging process on these historically correct toggle switch caps that use the latest revolutionary die cast 3-D injection molding techniques to be even more accurately reproduced than the originals on our iconic and much sought after Norlin-era Les Paul toggle switches that only Peter Townshend himself used on his highly modified Les Paul Deluxe's. Extra DiMarzio pickup and number decals for behind the bridge sold separately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen some silly offers online. 

I recently got a blank truss rod cover, Gibson parts,  in town for 14.00.  

I had looked online, many were sold out, but people who did have them actually want $30.00 + for the same.     I think people just leave stuff priced as such and dont care either way.  If it sells, good for them.  

• 2 weeks later...