Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Garage Grand Opening Guitar Giveaway

Rabs

3 minutes ago, Retired said:

Ok, I broke down and signed up for a Gibson. I must have got 5 mails to sign up and the saying goes, "If you don't sign up, you can't win is true." 

Well you never know and they already have your email address anyway.. So nothing to loose for you guys  🙂  I would enter if it were worldwide but I understand why they dont do that.. Saying that there is a big Gibson showroom somewhere in London.. They could always do a European version from there.. Not that we are in Europe any more  :rolleyes:  But a UK version at least .. PRETTY PLEASE [-o<

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabs said:

Well you never know and they already have your email address anyway.. So nothing to loose for you guys  🙂  I would enter if it were worldwide but I understand why they dont do that.. Saying that there is a big Gibson showroom somewhere in London.. They could always do a European version from there.. Not that we are in Europe any more  :rolleyes:  But a UK version at least .. PRETTY PLEASE [-o<

I figured it was world wide? Which would be like winning a lottery worldwide. But, l did win one thing decades back. At BN they had a drawing for a gift, It was a copy of the brick sculpture they had in the Old Market in Lincoln.  A Steam Locomotive.  It sits in a glass coffee table that Deb bought for it.  So, like you said, You Never Know but very unlikely and I'm not holding my breath either. 

16 hours ago, Retired said:

Ok, I broke down and signed up for a Gibson. I must have got 5 mails to sign up and the saying goes, "If you don't sign up, you can't win is true." 

[wink]  I'll bet many of those PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE contestants will argue with that!  They sign up month after month for year after year and most have never won a THING!  [cool]

A brother in law of mine has been waiting for near 20 years now. :rolleyes:

Whitefang

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is it just me or does anyone else loath Mark Agnessi's face?

Yes, he is a goof, for sure.  But he is OUR goof.  Look, if he is anyway in part responsible (even if it is in the most diminutive way) for helping to resurrect Gibson from it asymptotic brush with the abyss back to greatness, then ... well ... he is okay with me.  

• Like 1

The rules are interesting for more than the “Canadian resident” thing. The special requirement for Canadians is due to Canadian law, by the way.  The rules don’t mention restricting entries to one entry per person (per week’s giveaway), but in another place (not the rules page), that restriction is listed. Strange.

Edited by RLD
Addition

On 5/9/2021 at 5:04 AM, merciful-evans said:

I followed the link. Yes its confined USA and Canada. But did you see this under ENTRY INFORMATION: ?

• In addition to all the other requirements stated in these Official Rules, if the Winner is a Canadian resident, (s)he must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question to be eligible to be confirmed the Winner.

Is this a joke? Is it some gentle ribbing going on? 

If its serious, its insulting, xenophobic & bizarre. Innit?

I'm not a xenophobe.  I love cacti and other plants that grow in arid regions.