Gibson Brands Forums

1967 Gibson LG-0 Natural Finish Mahogany Flat Top Concert-size Acoustic Guitar

tommyboy69

I have one of these and it's in Very fine almost mint condition.  Neck is perfectly straight!  I want to sell it can I do that on this board?   The guy at the music store told me to list it for $3,000.00 since it's near mint condition any input on that number would also be appreciated.  I can post pics and videos of it being played with new strings I put on it.

LG0s are okay.  But the guy at the music store must be  the only game in the state to give you that ball park of a price.   Look on ebay or a actual guitar store that may have one listed to get a true value.    Not meaning to offend. Its your guitar to do as you wish. 

I agree with Slim. Not very collectible. Should had sold it to the guy at the music shop for half that. Here's an excerpt from 2021 Vintage Guitar Price Guide. The  $750 would be for museum quality for someone who really wants it.

There used to be a buy/sell section on the forum but it was eliminated, I don't know if there's rules against selling but it would strictly be at your own risk.

LG0 prices

On 5/21/2021 at 8:31 PM, 75 Hummingbird said:

This brings to question value v.s. asking price .

Reverb ,Ebay ,Music Exchange all want 1500 to 2500  bucks for one .

Is it worth the investment ? I think not .

Ask 3 g for it and hope to get a grand .

People that ask for 3x the going price are doing so so they can tell their SO they're trying to downsize but dangit still no bites!

an LG0 is a corvair, not a corvette. 67 makes it even less desirable because of the narrow nut- truly a student model intended for small hands and to be moved on from in time. Around my parts even in the current hot market, I wouldn't list it for more than $750 if i actually wanted to sell it

You can ask any price you want.  But a quick look at completed eBay auctions showed the top dollar offer for a '67 or thereabout LG-0 to have been $900.  BIN guitars with a price tag topping $1K either remained unsold or the seller went with a best offer.

Edited by zombywoof

Yea reverb used to have a better price guide but  it's a bit of a mess breaking them up by year with limited data, but most transaction data they have show 500-800, so i'd go with the price guide shot above for sure!

Edited by cunningham26

Its not that the LGO is or was a bad guitar.  It’s  just that there are a lot better Gibson guitars and by today's standards, there are lot better all mahogany guitars (solid mahogany top guitars) out there in today's marketplace for the money.   The LGO was an entry level Gibson guitar.    (The term student guitar isn't really applicable as LG1 and LG2 and LG3 and B25s were called student guitars, but were higher quality guitars than the LGO that hold their own in today's marketplace and to today's marketplace competition.)  The LGO has not faired as well, as mentioned, there are some much better all mahogany/solid mahogany topped guitars out their in today's marketplace for the money or for more money or less money.   (Including all mahogany Martins, PRS, Indonesia-made Epiphones (when they had limited edition all mahog runs), Guilds, and Taylors.)   

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark

• 2 weeks later...

Have not left,  just been really busy.  Thanks for the input I will try and list it for around $1500 with the case, tuner, strap, old strings in package and see what happens.  I just look at the ones for sale on line over a $1000, and mine is in much much better condition than any of those and sounds great!  If I had to take $750 and $1000ish for it I probably would.  The guy at the music store did not see it and just said some wealthy person may pay more for one in near mint condition without all the dings and scratches in it, and I can always come down.

On 5/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, cunningham26 said:

People that ask for 3x the going price are doing so so they can tell their SO they're trying to downsize but dangit still no bites!

an LG0 is a corvair, not a corvette. 67 makes it even less desirable because of the narrow nut- truly a student model intended for small hands and to be moved on from in time. Around my parts even in the current hot market, I wouldn't list it for more than $750 if i actually wanted to sell it

No I really want to sell it just wanted to ask some experts what they thought.  My friend who is a serious musician did say it seemed smaller than a typical concert guitar but this guy is very tall so he needs a bigger guitar.

9 hours ago, tommyboy69 said:

No I really want to sell it just wanted to ask some experts what they thought.  My friend who is a serious musician did say it seemed smaller than a typical concert guitar but this guy is very tall so he needs a bigger guitar.

We're definitely a mess of enthusiasts with some good knowledge, but I'm no expert! I think moreso we can bring some resources on market insights vs. the personal opinions you've sought out.  While the music store guy may have his hopes set on a rich person walking in not knowing what they're looking at...  why would a rich person overpay for the absolute base model of Gibson acoustics in that era? It'd be a unicorn that wanted his first guitar to go along with his collection.

I maintain my corvair/corvette analogy. As for condition, on an LG0  anything with structural issues or if it looked like it spent time at the bottom of the ocean would make it a $300-500 guitar. Excellent shape is great but the paint job on a corvair does not a corvette make.  Depending on how eager you are to sell you might get $1000 on a good day but more likely $750 from a young person without a ton of cash that wants cheap entry to a gibson headstock.

good luck in your sale, in this market i hope you get what you're looking for or more and come back to rub our noses in how wrong we were!

Well I know most of you know way more than I do about a 1967 acoustic Gibson.  If any of you know someone who wants one have them contact me I will be  reasonable on price, and have videos showing it being played sounding great and as many pictures showing it's near mint.

Edited by tommyboy69

25 minutes ago, tommyboy69 said:

Well I know most of you know way more than I do about a 1967 acoustic Gibson.  If any of you know someone who wants one have them contact me I will be  reasonable on price, and have videos showing it being played sounding great and as many pictures showing it's near mint.

Hi. The best place to sell is on Reverb.   Any and most guitars nuts shop there.     You set your price.  And let the offers come in.    Just be honest with your listing. Mention any defects.    If its your first time there. Youll have to register.  And a card.   First sale payment is held till item delivered. But it does get paid out.