Gibson Brands Forums

I don't like being called Bub.

Homz

I'd kick his *** for that.

What about "son" or "champ"?

I don't know if you guys use that one over there, but here when you wanna irritate someone you call them "campeón" which stands for "champion" or ... "champ"... it's most irritating... I remember when I was 10 (and up to 25!) most friends of my parents would call me (and the other kids) "campeón"... when we were little kids it was fine, but when we were 20 and older, it was the worst thing to say.

Kids here in Indiana are frequently "little man" or "son". My son gets "little man" from time to time. He doesn't like it either.

Unrelated humorous story: So we're in the drive through line at the local Burger King restaurant. This drive through wraps around the front of the restaurant and you can see directly into the dinning room. My 9yr old son is in the front seat next to me. So I catch him, out of the corner of my eye, waving at some teen girls sitting in the dinning room. I look over at the girls and they are smiling and giggling and waving at my son. So I ask my son if he knows those girls. His response, " No dad, all the girls like me. I'm the cute Asian kid." Needless to say I laughed so hard I nearly cried. BTW there are only 4 Asian kids in our local school system. My kids represent 50% of them.

"Work it son, work it!!!"

Let 'em grab whatever celebrity they can Homz.

They're only young once...

My sister was in the same boat where she grew up in Oklahoma.

Half Japanese, she was the ONLY one in town.

She made good on it, no harm at all.

Cheers!

"Work it son' date=' [i']work [/i]it!!!"

Let 'em grab whatever celebrity they can Homz.

They're only young once...

My sister was in the same boat where she grew up in Oklahoma.

Half Japanese, she was the ONLY one in town.

She made good on it, no harm at all.

Cheers!

This is the first nice thing you have ever said to me. I even pulled some nasty stuff I said about you as a result of your nice comment. Thanks.

This is the first nice thing you have ever said to me. I even pulled some nasty stuff I said about you as a result of your nice comment. Thanks.

funny' date=' it [i']appears [/i]you deleted the other thread to keep from looking like an idiot, when the fire started to get hot, but you then tried to re-create the thread under a different header.

...but the above post is a good attempt at an excuse for deleting it.

funny' date=' it [i']appears [/i]you deleted the other thread to keep from looking like an idiot, when the fire started to get hot, but you then tried to re-create the thread under a different header.

...but the above post is a good attempt at an excuse for deleting it.

First of all the fire got hot after I was off line. I could debate the matter and on that issue (amend the Const. to allow immigrants to be president) I might even eventually agree with the other sides point of view, but so far as being called names and threatened I wont tolerate that. I said my piece on that, which was if someone threatens me I offered an opportunity to them to back up the threat. I am not looking for a fight, but I'll be damned before I cower in fear from anyone. I've had my *** whipped and I've whipped some ***, but I've never ran in fear.

My son sure has me figured out. When ever he wants a new toy he goes to the Gibson glass display case, drops to his knees and while bowing to the ground he repeatedly says "we're not worthy... we're not worthy". He then starts in on his well thought out argument for why he can't live with out a new Bakugan (toy).

The ladies usually just say "Oh my God!" over and over, so I guess that qualifies as a nickname...

Seriously though... surfpup, joeychuck, and shroom have all been my nicknames. Seems like most people pick up a nickname at some point. No biggie. Bub is kinda impersonal, however. You deserve better, Homz.

My name is Tucker. If you change one letter in my name, it becomes an expletive, and I've had just about every variation used as a nickname. All four years of high school, the basketball team called me Butt Tucker. I'll trade you Bub for Butt Tucker.

Homz...as I always heard from my relatives in Indiana and Kentucky..."I don't care what they call me...as long as they call me for dinner!"

I think it's the southern/hillbilly/redneck origin of the word "brother" that lead to this particular nickname. I knew way too many people back home who referred to their brothers as "Bubby' date='" which then gets shortened to "Bub."

Now that I think about it, I think [i']I[/i] gave Homz the nickname of "Homz." Whenever he answers the phone at work, I'd always say "Hey, Homz." Guess he doesn't mind it if he's using it.

And, yeah, I don't mind being called "sis" cause I've been called it all my life by sisters and parents both. But, most of my closest friends still call me "Red" or "Big Red" or some variation of my actual first name.

Archived