Gibson Brands Forums

I don't like being called Bub.

Homz

Has anyone experienced the Bub nickname?

Our drummer has started calling us all by nicknames. Mine is Bub. Now I don't want to seem dickish here, but I don't like being called Bub. Frank (the drummer) is a great guy and we all (the band) think fondly of him, but I will not answer to Bub. I know he doesn't mean it in a demeaning way and I try to go along with many of his hair brained thoughts, but not on the Bub issue. He calls the lovely and talented Wicked 1 (as she is known on the forum) Sis. That even annoys me, but I figure that's her problem.

He's a damn fine drummer ( his dad was once the drummer for Crystal Gail) so I guess I will have to break the new 'no Bub' policy lightly.

Just sharing one of my many difficult daily problems.

My wife calls me just about everything but my real name. Harvey, Henry, Fred, Bubba, Bubbadoodles, Studly, George, many others. It just seems to be the way we communicate. I think my dog has about 14 different names too. It's all meant with affection.

I don't know if it's a regional thing or if anyone else experienced this, but when we were kids we would call each other by their last names only. It was marginally disrespectful; I don't really know why, it's just the way it was. To this day I cringe if someone refers to me by my last name only.

One thing I used to tolerate but don't anymore is to refer to my wife as "my old lady". Disrespectful. Call her anything you want under your breath but by god show her some respect around others.

Has anyone experienced the Bub nickname?

Our drummer has started calling us all by nicknames. Mine is Bub. Now I don't want to seem dickish here' date=' but I don't like being called Bub. Frank (the drummer) is a great guy and we all (the band) think fondly of him, but I will not answer to Bub. I know he doesn't mean it in a demeaning way and I try to go along with many of his hair brained thoughts, but not on the Bub issue. He calls the lovely and talented Wicked 1 (as she is known on the forum) Sis. That even annoys me, but I figure that's her problem.

He's a damn fine drummer ( his dad was once the drummer for Crystal Gail) so I guess I will have to break the new 'no Bub' policy lightly.

Just sharing one of my many difficult daily problems.

You know it's meant as an affectionate way of calling you "brother." That's why I'm "sis." Which I don't mind nearly as much as the nickname my own sister has for me. (And I will NOT say because *nobody* is allowed to use it buy my sis).

Do I look like a Bub?

P1010012_edited.jpg

No... I..... can't....

Must.... restrain..... myself......

Oh' date=' it's no use!!![/b']

You look like a skinhead/Nazi hiding in the nursery, your 'Happy Place' where nobody would think to find you....

:-

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!

Please note; I was kind enough to skip the obvious phallic/ears/spectacles references and let them lie dormant.

(Don't want to make it personal.)

:-)

Actually, it was Junior for me.

I was the youngest in a big extended family, but I was the biggest by the time I was 15.

Junior was the nickname that hung around loosely for years, followed me to a couple jobs since I had such a baby face.

Not offended by it, just thought it was funny how people who never met each other, or me, gravitated toward it.

Herr Freud would be most intrigued....

Years ago, forgot about it long ago.

Thanks for triggering the memory Homz!

:-)

My nickname... well I had two of them growing up.

When I was younger it was "Moose" just because I was big and it took several guys to tackle me when we played football on the school yard play ground.

When I was a bit older it was "Bolo". I used to love smoking out of a pipe. :-

No you don't homz.

Im sorry he isnt mature.

my personal thoughts on nicknames

Through out elemetry and middle school I was called "Oger" from the movie shriek or whatever. Because I was 6'1. They also called me "jolly green giant" but I took that as a complement because im so happy all the time. Never take people like your drummer seriously.

Then through out highschool and now in college when all those kids see me, they wanna be my friends. (maybe so they won't get tackled or something)

I don't think I'd like "Bub" just cause it's kind of generic. I bet he called his last guitarist "Bub" and calls all his girlfriends "Princess". Make him call you "String Man" or "Sissy's Boy" since Wicked 1 doesn't seem to mind her nickname.

When I was young my Hair was Big, so my nick names were "Afro", "Fro", "Proffessor Fro" (I was full of trivia), But my Brothers Friends called me "Tumbleweed", that ones my favorite ans still comes up every once in a while.

Archived