Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Records

SG-12

6 hours ago, jdgm said:

Hmmm....Slash is Gibson's global product ambassador (or whatever they call him) so it ties in with that....and what could be cooler for a LP player than to have your album come out on the Gibson label?

[wink]

Some upcoming Unknown Artists or Bands would be cooler! IMO 

22 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Not knowing where you are( supposed to be a secret I guess)

Many here don't post their location because some commenters take cheap shots at them.    

As far as the actual thread's subject  -  JC is going out on a limb with this I think.  Rising artists will often change their guitar brand, or use more than one.  Embarrassing if Gibson invests in a guitarist and he switches to or just gets his picture taken with a Taylor or a Fender.  Simply posting photos of artists performing live with  Gibsons would be cheaper and just as effective.  A page on their website.   Could hi-light some to encourage people to go find them on UTUBE.   Bottom line:   I'm not buying a Slash 'record' just because it has "Gibson Records" on it, anymore than I'd buy a guitar just because it has 'Gibson' on the headstock. 

• Like 1

Right.  It can seem like Gibson is trying to rest on it's laurels.   You know, the Gibson "name" is supposed to be attached to some kind of reliability and quality rep that the name alone should assure good sales, and making it seem that more and more recording artists are using Gibson instruments should translate into people flocking to Gibson dealers.

Whitefang

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Many here don't post their location because some commenters take cheap shots at them.    

As far as the actual thread's subject  -  JC is going out on a limb with this I think.  Rising artists will often change their guitar brand, or use more than one.  Embarrassing if Gibson invests in a guitarist and he switches to or just gets his picture taken with a Taylor or a Fender.  Simply posting photos of artists performing live with  Gibsons would be cheaper and just as effective.  A page on their website.   Could hi-light some to encourage people to go find them on UTUBE.   Bottom line:   I'm not buying a Slash 'record' just because it has "Gibson Records" on it, anymore than I'd buy a guitar just because it has 'Gibson' on the headstock. 

Maybe, but not if it’s written into your Contract that you endorse & play Gibsons.. If you don’t your in breach & your Contract can become null & void or worse…..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Maybe, but not if it’s written into your Contract that you endorse & play Gibsons.. If you don’t your in breach & your Contract can become null & void or worse…..

Yeah, you enter the endorsement agreement knowing you can't be photographed using others.  Only the super heavy weights can get away with that.

rct

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It's Slash plus Myles Kennedy and The Constipators and one article says:

Myles Kennedy needs no introduction.

Yes, he does, I have no idea who he is.  Looks like he married a pretty blonde woman.  She doesn't look to be totally nuts like the very strange Mrs. Fripp.

Does anyone else need an introduction or am I the only one who is totally out of it?