Gibson Brands Forums

When will they make tv yellow specials again?

Jtbandy

Guitar is my 7th instrument. I'm adequate at it, but I'll never be a Jeff Beck on this instrument. I don't suppose I have that many years left, besides, my main voice is sax/wind synth.

But if I could rip like Beck, or Hendrix, or Kath, I'd get a "Hello Kitty" guitar and put better pickups in it, because I think the contrast would be amusing.

Notes

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mantastic said:

AND BTW... I didn't read the thread, but I'm assuming that a bunch of people have given you wrong information so far

But to answer your question, I just bought one directly from gibson a few weeks ago.  They were in stock on the gibson site.

I guess you didn't read the OP's comments, his original intent was to buy a "Left Handed" Les Paul Special in TV Yellow.

Edited by mihcmac

3 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I guess you didn't read the OP's comments, his original intent was to buy a "Left Handed" Les Paul Special in TV Yellow.

I'm not sure what you're reading, but when I look at the OP, it says nothing about him wanting a left handed guitar on my screen.

If the OP is left handed, they probably should mention that in the question. But there is no mention of that when I look at the post. At least not on the screen of my phone. Maybe you have a special phone.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:06 PM, Mantastic said:

AND BTW... I didn't read the thread, but I'm assuming that a bunch of people have given you wrong information so far

But to answer your question, I just bought one directly from gibson a few weeks ago.  They were in stock on the gibson site.

I noticed they had some available when they raised the prices a few weeks ago. I was hopeful that that meant the one I ordered in February would soon be on its way, but nope. Still waiting.  

Also I didn’t feel the need to put that I was left handed because that isn’t important to the topic. I already purchased the guitar. I don’t need anybody to locate a guitar for me…. and both righty’s and lefty’s have been MIA all year long.

2 hours ago, Jtbandy said:

I noticed they had some available when they raised the prices a few weeks ago. I was hopeful that that meant the one I ordered in February would soon be on its way, but nope. Still waiting.  

Also I didn’t feel the need to put that I was left handed because that isn’t important to the topic. I already purchased the guitar. I don’t need anybody to locate a guitar for me…. and both righty’s and lefty’s have been MIA all year long.

That was my point. I bought one from the Gibson site.  They were there.  But Sweetwater - overall their ability to get anything has been worst than most dealers it seems.  I've had a custom on order since April.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jtbandy said:

I was only responding to someone who said my answer didn't matter because you were left handed and he assumed I wasn't.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/16/2021 at 4:06 PM, Mantastic said:

14 hours ago, Mantastic said:

I was only responding to someone who said my answer didn't matter because you were left handed and he assumed I wasn't.

Sorry, you didn't mention that you bought a lefty, as they are usually a special order from Gibson, I made the mistake of assuming.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I got the runaround from Sweetwater again this month, then low and behold a lefty LP Special popped up on the Gibson website this morning….  Sweetwater told me maybe December, so I canceled the order and just bought the one on the Gibson store.  Does anyone have some insight on the Gibson shipping process? What should I expect? 

• 1 year later...
On 6/14/2023 at 5:43 AM, sparquelito said:

And then, Captain Sully landed the airliner on the river!

Amazing luck, and no small amount of skill, I am sure.

🙂

Pretty sure that pilot's name was actually "Forest Gump", but he must have used the pseudonym "Sully" to hide his real identity, just like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar using the name "Roger Murdock", when he was a pilot.🤪

On an unrelated but similar note, Huge Ackman's "Greatest Showman", was the worst Wolverine sequel EVER! 🤔   

• Like 1

No that’s a white guitar which has yellowed

It seems not unlikely that TV yellow was Gibson’s answer to a certain Fender product that was released first.

Maybe it would be better to ask Leo if they chose that finish for TV or if it was just a popular way to finish an open grain wood

I love TV yellow but wow Gibson was doing such an ugly job of it on the Gibson USA stuff in recent years. Good riddance to that finish hope they can bring it back right

On 10/17/2021 at 10:56 AM, mihcmac said:

There's 3 left handed Gibson TV Yellow Les Paul Special single cuts for sale right now on Seeetwater, plus a demo. Not affiliated.

Edited by G Stone
  • Thanks 1