Gibson Brands Forums

Has Clapton Lost the Plot?

IanHenry

1 hour ago, saturn said:

"I hope Neil Young will remember, Spotify don't need him around anyhow" 🙂

I just thought that was funny. I'm not weighing in on the Rogan/Neil Young/Spotify issue.

First who cares what Neil wants or thinks. He's richer that all get out. And now he is not just a whinny Canadian he's he whinny Canadian-American,  so he has the right to vote in the USA.  If I'm gonna listen to music its gonna be an album or CD and I'm gonna listen to it on my stereo, not some lame streaming service.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Our band were playing a club somewhere near Southampton (uk) and this cowboy walked in. There was no C&W event (that I know of) going on anywhere. But this fellow was utterly convincing. He had the hat, the stubble, the chaps and spurs etc. and despite being completely out of place he actually looked pretty cool. 

We were between songs and I managed a couple of bars of 'The Good, the Bad & the Ugly'. He looked around and gave an approving nod before heading to the bar. To this day I have no clue what it was all about. 

I once walked into a pub in Buckie, Scotland and there was a bloke sat at the end of the bar dressed in all the cowboy gear.  He started telling me that he was involved in cowboy re-enactments and "he was the fastest gun in Scotland" so I told him that he's probably the only bloody gun in Scotland.

He than went on to tell me that he lived next door to the pub and would we (I was with my wife) like to come and have a look at his gun collection.  er NO.  

Edited by IanHenry
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IanHenry said:

I once walked into a pub in Buckie, Scotland and there was a bloke sat at the end of the bar dressed in all the cowboy gear.  He started telling me that he was involved in cowboy re-enactments and "he was the fastest gun in Scotland" so I told him that he's probably the only bloody gun in Scotland.

He than went on to tell me that he lived next door to the pub and would we (I was with my wife) like to come and have a look at his gun collection.  er NO.  

So he probably does that to every stranger to the pub!

I used to date a woman that was into C&W and went to the venues in cowboy gear. I went to a few shows but a pair of open fly jeans was as close as I got to dressing up. 

I'm not sure how it is now, but during the height of "Beatlemania"  and the British invasion here in the States I saw something on TV about how American Country music was really big in the UK.  

And country music( most here stopped calling it "country/Western"  decades  ago) has a really  strong following here, as illustrated by this funny line from a popular movie from some time ago.  [wink]

[laugh]  Whitefang

4 hours ago, IanHenry said:

Was look at his gun collection code for something else?

13 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I'm not sure how it is now, but during the height of "Beatlemania"  and the British invasion here in the States I saw something on TV about how American Country music was really big in the UK.  

And country music( most here stopped calling it "country/Western"  decades  ago) has a really  strong following here, as illustrated by this funny line from a popular movie from some time ago.  [wink]

[laugh]  Whitefang

I haven't had an Old Stlye since I was in Waukegan in Great Lakes, Illinois.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:06 AM, IanHenry said:

Was a time it was ETCHINGS one was asked if they'd like to see them....  [cool]

And this guy asked you AND your wife?  [love]

Kinky dude!

Whitefang