Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Custom L00 RW 12 Fret

Dave F

The M2M ordered last year arrived today. It was ordered via Bailey Brothers, a great place to deal with that I would highly recommend. I'm very impressed. I checked everything out and and It's very well built and setup.  Thermally aged top, rosewood back and sides. Initial impression is the guitar really vibrates while playing in and has that rosewood sound I like. Check out the grain on the top. The comparisons I have are a 2019 '1942 Banner Southern Jumbo'  with the aged top and a Nick Lucas RW 12 Fret not aged. Both need new strings.

Custom L00

Custom L00

Custom L00Custom L00

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jedzep said:

Nice, Dave!  That's one of the finer looking new Gibson's I've seen, but I might have asked them to leave off the guard, though that one fits in gracefully.

I know I sound dumb, but I can't figure out what M2M means.

Made to Measure. In other words, custom ordered. Bespoke.

1 hour ago, Dave F said:

The M2M ordered last year arrived today. It was ordered via Bailey Brothers, a great place to deal with that I would highly recommend. I'm very impressed. I checked everything out and and It's very well built and setup.  Thermally aged top, rosewood back and sides. Initial impression is the guitar really vibrates while playing in and has that rosewood sound I like. Check out the grain on the top. The comparisons I have are a 2019 '1942 Banner Southern Jumbo'  with the aged top and a Nick Lucas RW 12 Fret not aged. Both need new strings.

Custom L00

Custom L00

Custom L00Custom L00

Really nice! I played an original 1930s rosewood L-OO (yes, they exist) that True Vintage Guitars had a few years ago, when I was. looking for a vintage L-OO. It was a stunner, but out of my price range.

That's when I ended up with an L-OO Legend, rather than  a vintage version.

That rosewood Nick Lucas would be on my bucket list.

13 hours ago, egoidealmusic said:

That is a beaut, and that grain is fantastic.  Maybe the two guitars are sitting at slighly different angles, but is the upper bout rounder than the other?

I held them back to back and measured them. The shape is identical except the waist on the L00 is 1/8” (3mm) smaller. 

Great looking guitar, Dave. The herringbone binding is a nice touch, and might just be one of a kind, especially so, as a 12 fret. Is that  torrefied top Adirondack spruce?

Two Gibson 00’s with rosewood, the Nick with the deep body & the M2M with standard body depth (?)… should be an interesting pair to sit down with.

Congrats

Not sure on the spruce. I gave them a few items of importance and left the rest up to them. I was not expecting the herringbone, bound fretboard, electronics and the cali case. All nice features in my book.  My only criteria was L00, aged top, dark sunburst, 12 fret and slim taper neck.