Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Cases

JimJRJB

I get it that things like this are complained about.  Yes, when I spend $3k for a guitar, it better have damn near everything right.  You shouldn't expect quick BS when you spend that kind of money.  Either they need to think about how to better serve their customers when they spend $3k for something instead of trying to throw as much crap out the door and deal with the complaints later.  Gibson is going downhill.  I would never conceive of buying anything new Gibson today, because the quality isn't worth the money you spend.  It's a greedy cash grab game this company is playing, and it's sad that they are now f-ing their loyal customers.  Again, $3k, and can't even look at what the f they are putting in a faulty case.  If the tolex on my new Gibson case was tearing off like that, I'd be complaining too.  Well, I'd turn the thing in for a refund or exchange until it was done right. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sunking101 said:

One of mine had a similar fault but the careful application of some glue fixed it. Not that we should have to do that of course.

Yes, I had to glue the case on my 339. That was a Canadian one. I was disappointed too, but its ok. The USA case I have is much better.

I'm sure its just because they spent more on it. Not because of where its made. $3k deserves a better case than that one. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Alfa said:

This model was made in China or in Costa Rica.  TKL cases are very good quality.

Not necessarily, I got a Les Paul (which itself also has some serious QC issues) in a Made in Canada case (I guess by TKL?), which is not as bad as the OPs, but still disappointing: lid is not closing properly without force, glue residues in the lining.

I stumbled upon a comparison between a Made in Canada Gibson case and a Made in China Gibson case on Youtube, where the China case seems to be of a better quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIzJoWScUAE

• Like 1

I ended up buying two Gator cases (made in China) for my Les Paul Jr DC basses. They were the only cases that were long enough to accommodate a short scale bass. I’ve been happy with them & have bought several other Gator Frameworks products. Their customer service has been the best I have experienced in years.

7EUrKeL.jpg

On 4/7/2022 at 9:45 PM, Alfa said:

I prefer Gibson TKL cases, I have 4 Gibson TKL cases and one Gibson TKL Custom SHop, they are perfect    [love]

img00810.jpg

etui_s11.jpg

I have a Gibson Firebird  Custom shop  2016   i cannot see where has been made  but the inside  is like  the second  case in the pic 

2016_Gibson 2.webp

Edited by marco mancini