Gibson Brands Forums

David Bowie - Moonage Daydream Trailer

Rabs

I will be freaking out in a moonage daydream and watching that. Saw Bowie in '86 or 7, when ever the Glass Spider Tour was.

It appears to me Bowie does not have enough makeup on, and he is sporting a Bullet, a Bowie Mullet.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I will be freaking out in a moonage daydream and watching that. Saw Bowie in '86 or 7, when ever the Glass Spider Tour was.

It appears to me Bowie does not have enough makeup on.

I think he always did.. You are just seeing it in HD these days so is way more apparent.. 😄 

55 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I'm going to have to see this one.

I think the guy was just brilliant, Like Freddie Mercury,  they don't make em like this too often.

Yeah, that guy had a terrific voice. I love the Young Americans album and Station To Station. Most of his 70's stuff was top shelf. Low for me doesn't have enough of that, what is it David does, oh that's right . . .  sing.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 minutes ago, duane v said:

I remember in 5th or 6th grade I was addicted to the Aladdin Sane album. I played Jean Genie over and over and over.

I didn't start listening to Bowie till '81. In 5th and 6th grade I lived for KISS.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I'm a big Bowie fan. 

My favorite album:

LTg0OTkuanBlZw.jpeg

Twinkle twinkle, Uncle Floyd... that was a good song. Nowhere near my top four (Hunky to Dogs), but it has its moments, like most of his albums. If not all.

I have the utmost respect for him, but I'm not really sad he died. Like with Lemmy (and no, Ace of Spades isn't their best album), it's... I mean, I feel for their families, but imagine leaving that kind of catalogue behind you and having had a damn good time while making it and sharing it with the world.

Our band played Suffragette City and Jean Genie regularly.  Actually still do when we get together 45 years later either at a gig or as muscle memory warm up songs.

I look forward to seeing this.