Gibson Brands Forums

Thread Killing

Mr. Gibson

2 hours ago, duane v said:

I would say Gibson's website.

I thought I read in a previous Thread discussion it isn’t? Is it or isn’t it? Seems like a fair question..

If not, Who moderates the Mod’s? I’m just curious.. 

2 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I thought I read in a previous Thread discussion it isn’t? Is it or isn’t it? Seems like a fair question..

Not you or any other "non-staffed" members. Sorry to be cut-n-dry about it all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Someone from Gibson asked me to be a mod back in 2007 I think. I have communicated with an admin or two a few times over the years. They pretty much leave us mods alone, but I'm sure we'd get our hall passes yanked if we did something bad.  15 years, I guess I haven't given them much heartburn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I remember we had a Mod prior to Duane that didn't play well with the rest of us, I don't think he lasted 6 months. Duane ended up taking his place. With that being said, I believe the Gibson administrators keep an eye out and step in if necessary. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

I remember we had a Mod prior to Duane that didn't play well with the rest of us, I don't think he lasted 6 months. Duane ended up taking his place. With that being said, I believe the Gibson administrators keep an eye out and step in if necessary. 

The Admins rarely pop in but they do currently have their eyes on one member in particular. Usually they will give us the latitude to deal with the offender. I've learned that temp vacations rarely work unless it's a permanent one. I think moving forward rather than ban someone I would prefer to put the members post on moderator approval status. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, duane v said:

The Admins rarely pop in but they do currently have their eyes on one member in particular. Usually they will gives us the latitude to deal with the offender. I've learned that temp vacations rarely work unless it's a permanent one. I think moving forward rather than ban someone I would prefer to put the members post on moderator approval status. 

But is banning anyone a permanent solution? How hard is it to get another e-mail address, and come right back? I think that your e-mail address is the only information you divulge to get an account.

Unless I've shared with anyone here and I have, but a few people know I'm not really Sgt. Pepper. A few know my real name, no one knows my address and I have shared my phone number maybe 2 members.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'll buy you a beer if you can spot the future Moderator.

Is that girls head photoshopped?

DA89-89-b2.jpg

LOL!!!

Actually when there was a singer change the previous singer was upset that her picture was showing up in BAM and other rock magazines. So her lawyer threatened the record comapny so the media department added a altered image of the singer 

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

But is banning anyone a permanent solution? How hard is it to get another e-mail address, and come right back? I think that your e-mail address is the only information you divulge to get an account.

We have IP address tools 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, duane v said:

LOL!!!

Actually when there was a singer change the previous singer was upset that her picture was showing up in BAM and other rock magazines. So her lawyer threatened the record comapny so the media department added a altered image of the singer 

I used to read BAM magazine all the time when I lived in San Hole (Jose). I wanted to go the Bammies, but never did. My friend went and told me about all the musicians he met that night.

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I used to read BAM magazine all the time when I lived in San Hole (Jose). I wanted to go the Bammies, but never did. My friend went and told me about all the musicians he met that night.

I like San Jose.... I went to college out there and my company provided me a rental in Freemont while I was attending Labs, and we also have a diagnostic company in San Jose I would work from when I wasn't at our plant in City of Industry.

I still travel to Freemont from time to time to work with TESLA on wireless connectivity with our smart tools regarding PLC and MES implementation.

7 minutes ago, duane v said:

I like San Jose.... I went to college out there and my company provided me a rental in Freemont while I was attending Labs, and we also have a diagnostic company in San Jose I would work from when I wasn't at our plant in City of Industry.

I still travel to Freemont from time to time to work with TESLA on wireless connectivity with our smart tools regarding PLC and MES implementation.

It used to be nice in the 70's, and early 80's. Now to me its getting like LA. Those who love LA can have it. SJ used to be a, not big, but not small town either, but not he Tech Greed filled place it is now. I've been back many times, and I don't recognize a place where I lived for over 26 years.

I lived in Fremont for one year. Its was where one night when I was SIQ (Sick In Quarters) at home when I was stationed in Alameda, my car was stolen. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, duane v said:

Not you or any other "non-staffed" members. Sorry to be cut-n-dry about it all. 

Oh, Wow! I ask a question & get… “Not you!”.. All I did was ask a question.. What have I done to you?

I was curious whose Forum this is? And you get all cut & dried about it! Ok…….

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Larsongs said:

Oh, Wow! I ask a question & get… “Not you!”.. All I did was ask a question.. What have I done to you?

I believe like me, you are a known button pusher. I think Ringo was too in the Yellow Submarine cartoon.

1 minute ago, Larsongs said:

Well I did say sorry for being cut-n-dry.... Wasn't meant to hurt yours and anyone else feelings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duane v said:

Well I did say sorry for being cut-n-dry.... Wasn't meant to hurt yours and anyone else feelings.

That is the way of the world today. You didn't like the cat pic I posted, and now my feeling are hurt, and I want to start a Cat Too Movement. This world has gone insane. 

7 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I thought he was a lever puller (Liverpooler). 

Damn your right. That's funny. I haven't seen in a while. I watched Help! several months back and it was awful. The first half of the movie is better that the second. Hey, You Bee-attle.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper