Gibson Brands Forums

Barber Shop

Californiaman

Me and the boys have a haven here in town we like to go to about four to six times a year.

That's right. I'm talking about my barber shop.

This is the most coolest barber shop I've ever been too.

It's located in our Historic Santa Maria Inn and run by four very talented, personable men. Each with their own clientele.

It's all about guys. Seldom do women set foot in this hallowed place. And when they do, it's usually a mom taking her boys to what she knows is the best place in town.

Often crowded, there's always good conversations and humor to be had.

You have book a time well ahead of any events or major holidays, as was the case today.

Sometimes while the boys and I are waiting, one of the four barbers will offer me a cold one. This usually happens on a busy Friday when everyone likes to unwind while hanging out.

These guys are great and they do exceptional work.

I always leave there feeling refreshed and invigorated.

My boys and I look downright handsome right now (sorry, no pictures). Just perfect for our trip to grandma and grandpa's house for Easter.

Do you have a special barber or are you the "SuperCuts" or "Fantastic Sams" kind of guy?

I was keeping mine short for a few years, got a bad haircut, and.....

Cha Ching.

Let it grow again. I haven't had a haircut in well over a year. It's getting pretty damned long, too.

I spend the money on beer too, surfpup.

Murph.

some say i look like Jesus and refuse to touch my hair because they believe it would be blasphemy.

That's great!

I guess if I looked like Jesus, I wouldn't cut it either.

There's just something about getting a good haircut and shave.

If I let mine grow I end up looking like Crusty the Clown or Larry from the Three Stooges.

I go to the same person every time it's a woman and she does a great job, my hair is really spiky and sticks up so I loved the fact that went into style a few years back and seems to have stayed since i've had hair like that for 30+ years. I'm pushing 50 and still have all my hair so no complaining from me but a bad haircut means something different for me I look like a punk kid that cut their own hair with a weed-eater not really the look I'm after.

now the highlights are natural though no Ricky Martin dye job required, thanks to the silver blond highlights. Yep That's right Silver Blonde highlights that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

shapeimage_3.jpg

I just got my shortest haircut ever, it was a misunderstanding. The stylist said: short? and I say yea, well she just went with the clippers and whoa!! I hadn't seen my scalp for years.

My wife likes it so I guess it is alright.

I've not found a good barber since I left the Air Force 4 years ago. there was this great shop just off base (Ft. Meade, Maryland) that gave good cuts and finished with a straight razor around the ears and back of the neck.

I'm still looking.

I've not found a good barber since I left the Air Force 4 years ago. there was this great shop just off base (Ft. Meade' date=' Maryland) that gave good cuts and finished with a straight razor around the ears and back of the neck.

I'm still looking.[/quote']

My barbers regularly do the razor cuts.

A lot of men around here go for the high and tight look.

Archived