Gibson Brands Forums

Sean's Gibson Tone...

Murph

13 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

Real music!  We don’t hear enough of it anymore.

Is there fake music out there? Or just music your not a fan of. I hate Rap, but is it not a real music genera?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dave F said:

Milli Vanilli

Real guys sang those songs. Milli and Vanilli didn't (I think 2 German guys did), but real people sang and recorded the music. Its not that it wasn't real. We were just lied to about who actually sang.

What about any of the stuff that the Wrecking Crew played on, and didn't get credit for, does that make The Beach Boys, The Monkees ect fake. No we were just duped into believing it was actually the guys on the album cover. Its real music just not played by who we thought played it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Real guys sang those songs. Milli and Vanilli didn't (I think 2 German guys did), but real people sang and recorded the music. Its not that it wasn't real. We were just lied to about who actually sang.

What about any of the stuff that the Wrecking Crew played on, and didn't get credit for, does that make The Beach Boys, The Monkees ect fake. No we were just duped into believing it was actually the guys on the album cover. Its real music just not played by who we thought played it.

The wrecking crew documentary really surprised me. Not so much doing the music for the Monkees, Byrds, and so on but the instrumentals they made in the 60’s that I really liked. They made up a group name and if the record got popular they grabbed some college kids and put them on tour. 

7 minutes ago, Dave F said:

The wrecking crew documentary really surprised me. Not so much doing the music for the Monkees, Byrds, and so on but the instrumentals they made in the 60’s that I really liked. They made up a group name and if the record got popular they grabbed some college kids and put them on tour. 

Me too. I learned a lot watching that doc. People think Glen Campbell was just a one hit wonder with Rhine Stone Cowboy. Nope he could play the hell out a 12 string.

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is there fake music out there? Or just music your not a fan of. I hate Rap, but is it not a real music genera?

We're talking about, like Buc said, real musicians who are "masters of their instruments."

I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Murph said:

We're talking about, like Buc said, real musicians who are "masters of their instruments."

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It was mentioned in a post that the band Watkins Family Hour was REAL music. If what they make is REAL music, then I want to know what FAKE music is and how is it made?

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Correct!  And Rap is not music.   ……Just my opinion and that doesn’t make me right and someone else wrong…….but I’m rarely ever wrong.

1 hour ago, MissouriPicker said:

Correct!  And Rap is not music.   ……Just my opinion

I absolutely loath Rap, but that doesn't mean it fake. 

Right after you typed all those periods is the truth. Just like mine about the guitars many like here. 

Jerry Garica and it in Scarlet Begonias, I ain't often right - but I've never been wrong. 

My opinion is always right too.

15 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I absolutely loath Rap, but that doesn't mean it fake. 

Right after you typed all those periods is the truth. Just like mine about the guitars many like here. 

Jerry Garica and it in Scarlet Begonias, I ain't often right - but I've never been wrong. 

My opinion is always right too.

We’re a lot alike.  We should both be very worried.

16 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

We’re a lot alike.  We should both be very worried.

You should be worried. I'm a bad seed. 

I tell my wife all the time I wouldn't have married me.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 hours ago, dhanners623 said:

Here’s a video where he discusses what appears to be that LG-2, starting around 5:30. Says it was given to him by Jackson Browne, from Browne’s personal collection: 

Very cool!

I'd never seen that interview. I love where he talks about learning the simple, adolescent "bonehead" riffs his friends thought were cool, and that compared to the stuff he was playing were so simple.

I too, remember those days.

25 minutes ago, The dman said:

I've always love Sean's tone. There's a couple videos of Chris Stapleton performing with his old Gibson acoustic (pretty sure it's an LG-2) and it sounds great. Dry as a desert

Here’s Stapleton telling Howard Stern (of all people) about his LG-2: